Wondering how to delete calls on Instagram? While the Instagram call feature is a good way to communicate online with friends, family, and business partners, having too much call history can clog up your Calls section on Instagram. If you don’t know how to delete calls on Instagram, we’ll show you how to clear your call history on Instagram easily. Let’s dive right into it!
Methods To Delete Call History On Instagram
If you want to know how to delete calls on Instagram, then you’re in the right place. Here are a few ways to clear your call history on Instagram.
Delete From Calls Section
- Open Instagram on your phone and navigate the chat section by tapping the Message icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap on the video icon at the top of the next screen to open the Calls section.
- Press and hold the call you wish to delete.
- A list of options will pop up. Tap ‘Delete’ to clear the call from your history.
Another solution to delete calls on Instagram is to delete the entire chat with the user.
- Tap the Message icon at the top-right corner of the Instagram homepage
- Under Messages, press and hold the chat you want to delete, then select ‘Delete.’ The entire chats with that user will be deleted, including photos and calls
Enable Vanish Mode
Enable vanish mode is one way to avoid stacking up your call history on Instagram. When you enable vanish mode for a specific chat, all messages, including voice and video calls with that user, will automatically be deleted when you close the chat. Here’s how to enable vanish mode on Instagram.
- Open the chat and tap on the tiny three-dot icon next to the user at the top of the chat.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Vanish mode’ to enable vanish mode for that chat.
Switch To Professional Account
Switching to a Professional account on Instagram is a great option if you’re just looking to hide your call history. When you switch to a Professional account, your chats and call logs will be hidden but not deleted. You can unhide them by switching back to a personal account. Here’s how to switch to a Professional account.
- On your profile page, tap the three-line icon at the top-right corner .
- Select ‘Settings’ and tap ‘Account.’
- Under Account, scroll down to the bottom and select ‘Switch to a professional account.’
Once your account is switched to professional, all your chats and calls will not be visible in the Chat section. You can switch to a personal account to see your call and chat history.
FAQs On Instagram Call
Now you have learned how to delete calls on Instagram, and you can check out a few other commonly asked questions about Instagram that are helpful.
There are two options to hang up a call on Instagram- Either you reject/decline the call, or you end the call. The other party will not be notified when you decline a call on Instagram.
There’s no official feature to check someone’s call log. However, if you want to see someone’s call log, you can use third-party apps or ask them.
There are several ways to know if someone is on an Instagram call. You can check their story to see if there’s a phone icon in the top-left corner or open their profile to see if there’s a green icon next to their name.
If you can’t see the Calls section on the Instagram app, it may mean you are using an outdated version. Go to the App store of your device to update the Instagram application.
If you coincidentally video call somebody on Instagram, they will be informed of it. Moreover, they will be able to see the voice call bubbles in the chat. You can erase these bubbles by turning on the Vanish mode under chat settings. Nonetheless, you may need to run an upgrade on the app to get this feature.
If you prefer to avoid commenting on Instagram, read an interesting post on How To Comment Nothing On Instagram?