WhatsApp is a mobile service that allows users to send messages to others. It has a feature that lets users know when their text messages have been delivered and read by the receiver. This is the double-tick feature. A grey double tick means the message has been successfully sent, and a blue one means the text has been read. If you don’t want your contacts to know that you’ve received and read their messages, follow the steps below. Read this article until the end to get the answer to your query – “How To Disable Double Tick On WhatsApp?“
Methods To Disable Double Tick On WhatsApp Using Any Device
Method #1: Change the Privacy Setting on the App
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Go to the Settings menu by tapping the kebab menu on the top right part of the screen. Choose the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Account” option.
- From the list, choose “Privacy.”
- On the Privacy Settings, look for the “Read Receipts” option. Toggle the green circle button to switch off the feature. The button will become grey when you tap on it. This disables the read receipts feature. Note that there will always be read receipts for WhatsApp group chats.
Now that you have disabled the double-tick feature, any sender will only see two grey tick marks beside their messages. This would indicate that you have received the message but would no longer alert the sender whether you’ve read it or not.
Method #2: Change the Privacy Setting on the Website
- Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Follow the directions so you can use WhatsApp on your computer.
- Once you’ve linked your computer to your WhatsApp account, click on the kebab menu. It can be found to the right of your profile photo.
- Select “Settings” from the list.
- Click on “Privacy.”
- Look for “Read Receipts,” then click on the green check box. This will disable the read receipts feature.
FAQs On Double Tick On WhatsApp
One grey tick on the WhatsApp message means that it has been sent successfully from your phone but has not been delivered to the recipient’s device yet.
You can use airplane mode to read any WhatsApp message without alerting the sender with two blue ticks. Once the Internet connectivity has been switched off, you can freely read your WhatsApp messages stealthily.
If you want to be incognito, go to your app’s Settings. Tap on Account, then look for the Privacy section by tapping the Privacy tab. At the top of the list on the menu, you will find “Last seen and online.” Tap on that. Under the question, “Who can see my last seen,” tap on the circle beside “Nobody.”
If a user has blocked you, you will not be able to see that user’s last seen and online status. You will also not be able to view the user’s profile photo.
Muting any of your WhatsApp conversations only stops the app from giving you notifications. The messages will still be received by your device. This will be reflected on the sender’s chat thread. It will also show if the receiver reads the message.
You can also read a post on How to Restore Single Chat in WhatsApp?