Saw your friend transformed into a cute Disney character on their Instagram story? You might be craving to know about it too. Instagram offers users a wide range of filters to create interesting posts on Instagram stories. Now you might be wondering, “how to do the cartoon filter on Instagram?”
Using such a filter and sharing your visuals in stories is quite easy. However, the genuine cartoon filter is not available on Instagram but on Snapchat.
Read on to find out how to use cartoon filters on Snapchat. You may be interested in how to get the hair color filter on Instagram.
Doing Cartoon Filter on Instagram
Instagram doesn’t have any such cartoon filters that people are often seen using in their stories. The actual cartoon filter can be found on another social app called Snapchat. The filter turns the human face into a cute Disney character. You can also use apps like Toonart, Photo to Cartoon, and others.
If you don’t already have Snapchat, install it on your phone, make an account and sign in using your email address and password.
Here’s how you can use this filter on Snapchat and later share it on your Instagram story:
- Open your Snapchat app and press “smiley face” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You will see several filters set in a horizontal line, which you can swipe left or right since Snapchat doesn’t show a particular filter for quite a while. You might need to use the “Explore” option to find the “cartoon” filter.
- Type “cartoon” in the search bar and select the “cartoon 3D” filter.
- You can capture yourself in a selfie or someone else from the rear camera.
- Once you have captured the picture or recorded a video, save it to your gallery and exit Snapchat.
- Head to the Instagram app and select the story option.
- Upload your saved filtered photo or video from the gallery and post it to your Instagram story.
Instagram Cartoon Filter Using Toonart
While with Snapchat, you can take the latest photos and videos using the cartoon filter, Toonart brings cartoon effects to your pre-captured photos. It is important to note that this app charges a monthly or annual fee. Nevertheless, you can still try it for free by choosing a free trial. Install Toonart from Playstore and follow these steps to cartoonise your photos:
- Open the Toonart app.
- There are several effects that you can apply to your photos. You can choose “Fairy” or “Beauty” to give your photo a “cute” Disney effect.
- The app will now ask for your permission to access your photos. Press Allow.
- Choose your preferred photo from the phone’s gallery.
- Adjust the picture, press OK to start the conversion process, and wait a few moments.
- Once your photo is processed, you will also see many other effects options. Slide left or right to find the perfect match. After getting your perfect cartoon-filtered photo, press “Save.”
- Now you can share it on your Instagram story too.
Type “cartoon filter” in the search bar of filters on Snapchat. You will see many cartoon-style filters. The best one is the Cartoon 3D filter, which is commonly used among individuals. You can capture photos or record a video using this filter. You can then upload your saved video or photo to your Instagram story.
To get the cartoon lens on Snapchat, press the smiley face next to the camera button and then press “Explore.” A search bar will appear at the top of the screen. Search “cartoon,” and you will see a variety of cartoon filters to try.
Open your Instagram app and press the “+” story option at the top left corner of your screen. Now select the camera icon. A horizontal sequence of filters will appear, allowing you to swipe left or right. Keep swiping the filters until the very end and press “Magnifying glass/Browse effects”. Here you will find many different lenses.
There are many ways one can turn themselves into a cartoon using different apps or software. You can try using apps like MomentCam, Prisma, Photo Lab, and others.
If you cannot use Instagram filters and your app continuously crashes, you can try cleaning your app’s cache. Clearing cache will only remove temporary files without affecting your personal Instagram data.
Since Snapchat launched this cartoon filter, many people have tried it worldwide. You can use this lens in both photos and videos. For added fun, you can use this filter on movie characters, famous art portraits, or on your friends.
Hopefully, this guide has assisted you in using the filter on Snapchat/Instagram in the best way possible.