WhatsApp is a social messaging app that is readily available on smartphones. Many iPad users have expressed the desire to have the app available on iPad as well. Here, we will show you How to Download WhatsApp on iPad? Read on to find out.
Using WhatsApp With WhatsApp Web
This method connects you to the WhatsApp app using your iPhone.
- Open Safari and go to the WhatsApp Web page. If you have iOS 12 or lower, you will be taken to the homepage. You will have to tap and hold the refresh button and then tap “Load desktop site.”
- The WhatsApp interface will appear and provide you with a QR code that you will use to pair with your iPhone.
3. On your iPhone, go to Settings and select WhatsApp Web.
4. Scan the code to pair both devices.
5. You can view your recent messages, including photos, videos, and voice notes.
When using this method, remember that notifications like those for new messages will not appear as they do in browsers on your Mac or PC.
How to Download WhatsApp on iPad?
This method will allow you to retain use of some of the WhatsApp features even when your phone is not available. Of course, this is only for a limited period. To do this:
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone device.
- Go to Settings and tap Linked Devices.
3. Select MultI-Device Beta.
4. Tap the blue-colored Join Beta button.
5. Go back to the previous window and select Link A Device.
6. On your iPad, launch Safari.
7. Go to web.whatsapp.com.
8. Scan the QR code appearing on your phone.
The method behind this extended version is almost similar to the first. With this method, you’ll be able to use WhatsApp on your iPad for 14 days, after which it will be automatically disconnected.
This option is still in the Beta stage, and you may notice some differences or disadvantages while using the features.
By using this method, you will be able to access messages, but you can only receive notifications for new messages if you are actively using the web app. You will not be able to delete messages or threads if you’re using WhatsApp with your iPad.
FAQs on WhatsApp on IPad
The option to use the app on iPad is currently in the works in the form of Multi-device 2.0. A release date is yet to be announced.
WhatsApp can be used by iOS phones with version 12.0 and higher. Mac computers can also use the app.
There is currently no way to use WhatsApp without initial assistance from an iPhone.
It is possible to use an account with up to four linked devices and one phone at a time.
There are many messaging apps you can use that are compatible with the iPad ,like Facebook Messenger, Viber, Skype, Line, and WeChat.
Advice for Ipad Users
While an official iPad version of WhatsApp is still unavailable in the market, developers have hinted that the technology to develop this option is already in place. Users can only hope that this will come to fruition in the near future as it will bring huge convenience for iPad users.
You may also read our other article on How to Share Screen on WhatsApp Video Call?