In case you’ve been wondering how to draw photos on iPhone, know that you don’t have to install a third-party app. You can do so with the Photos app on your iPhone. Read this article till the end to get the answer to your query – “How to Draw photos on iPhone”
Editing and drawing can be pretty fun to do. You could explore with different color pens and create new patterns on pictures with your iPhone.
In this exciting guide, you’ll learn all the steps to draw photos on your iPhone. So let’s get right into it!
Easy-to-follow steps on Drawing Pictures with an iPhone
Follow the steps below to draw on photos with the photos app on your iPhone.
- 1. On the home screen of your iPhone, tap on the Photos icon to open the app.
- 2. All images, pictures, and videos stored on your iPhone are categorized into albums like Camera Roll, Screenshots, Videos, and Recently Added. If the albums aren’t automatically opened, tap on the Albums tab at the bottom tab of the screen.
- Tap on an album to open it. Here, I selected the Camera Roll album.
- 3. Then, select the picture you want to draw .
- 4. After you’ve selected the picture, tap on the Edit icon at the bottom tab of the screen.
- 5. Next, tap on the Extensions icon at the bottom tab of the screen. The Extensions icon looks like three dots enclosed in a circle.
- 6. Additional options are displayed for you to choose from – Select Markup.
- 7. The Markup section is open. Here, you can add drawings to the selected picture.
- 8. Tap on the pencil-shaped icon at the bottom left of the tab.
- 9. Next, you can select the color of your markup pen. To do so, tap on the color circles at the top of the markup pen icon.
- To change the width and size of the pen markup, tap on any of the pen sizes placed on the left side of the color circles where you change the markup pen color.
- You can choose to increase or decrease the markup pen size.
- 10. Now, you can draw any pattern or scribbles on the selected picture.
- 11. To undo mistakes when drawing, tap the Undo arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- 12. Other edit features at the right side of the markup pen icon allow you to add texts and increase the text size by dragging the slider left to right.
- 13. Tap on the Done icon at the top right corner of the screen after you’ve finished editing.
- 14. To save the drawing, tap on the Done icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
FAQs on Drawing Photos on an iPhone
If you want to add texts to your pictures on your Android or iPhone, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Photos or Google Photos app by tapping the Photos icon.
2. Select a picture from any album on your iPhone.
3. Tap on Edit at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Next, tap on the Markup pen icon.
5. Tap on the T-shaped icon. Here, you can enter whatever text you want to write on your photos.
6. Tap on the Done icon to save changes.
1. On the home screen of your iPhone, tap on the Photos icon to open the app.
2. Tap on a photo album cover to open the album.
3. Then, select the picture you want to draw.
4. After you’ve selected the picture, tap on the Edit icon at the bottom tab of the screen.
5. Next, tap on the Extensions icon at the bottom tab of the screen.
6. Additional options are displayed for you to choose from – Select Markup.
7. The Markup section is open. Here, you can add drawings to the selected picture.
8. Tap on the pencil-shaped icon at the bottom left of the tab.
9. Use your finger to slide or scribble across the screen to draw on the picture.
10. Tap Done to save changes.
The Markup is a newly installed feature in the iPhone Photos app that allows you to draw scribbles, doodles, add texts, adjust colors, and magnify selected photo areas with the Photos app.
The Adobe Fresco app is a drawing and painting app created specifically for iPads with Apple Pencil and iPhones for free. It is most suitable for professional artists, painters, and designers who work more on iPads and iPhones.
Apart from the Photos app, the Notes app has editing features like Markup for drawing scribbles and doodles on your picture.
Read another informative article on How to Get Rid of Green Dot on iPhone Photos?