Tiktok is an excellent platform for creators allowing them to upload 15 seconds to 10 minutes videos on the platforms. By allowing us to upload various content ranging from silly, funny, cringy, and even education quickly and conveniently, Tiktok has been one of the fastest growing platforms recently.
You can also edit all the videos by adding different transitions, filters, and other fun elements. Not just that, you can also edit the sounds on Tiktok as you like by trimming the sound, adding your sound, doing voiceover, and even adjusting the volume of the added sound and the original sound. This article will take you through how you can edit your videos on TikTok.
Add Music to Tiktok Videos
Before heading to the central part about editing your sound on Tiktok, let’s start with the basics. Here is a step-by-step guide about adding music to your Tiktok videos before we talk about how to edit them.
- Open your Tiktok app and Tap the + icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Record a new video or upload a video from your camera roll.
- Tap on Add Sound at the top of the screen.
- Select the music or sound you want to add to your video. Tap more to see a complete list of sounds.
- Tap on the red tick button and tap Next.
- Now, you can see a preview of your video with the sound before posting.
- If you are unhappy with the video and the sound, you can edit the sound too.
Edit Sound on Tiktok
So, now that you have added sounds/music to your Tiktok video, we will head over to the central part of the article about editing sound on Tiktok.
- Click the scissors icon on the screen, and you will see a soundwave of the sound.
- Drag your slider to adjust the sound according to your preference. You can also see the timestamps of the music.
- Tap the tick button to confirm
You can also edit the volume of the sound:
- After filming the video, click on the sound from the top.
- Now in the volume tab, use the slider to adjust the sound volume and your original audio.
- After finalizing, tap the screen to confirm.
- Preview the video to ensure the sound and video are ready for posting and Posting.
Adding Voiceover on Tiktok
Not just adding in already available sounds and music from Tiktok, but if you want to do a voiceover on a video, you can also do them easily from the Tiktok app.
- After you record or upload a video on TikTok, tap next without clicking the sound icon.
- You will see a Voiceover icon on the right side. Click on it.
- Press the record button to start recording your voiceover.
- After recording your voiceover, save and adjust your sound accordingly.
- Preview your video and post it.
How to change the sound after Posting on Tiktok?
Not every time a TikTok video goes as planned. Sometimes, we might be disappointed with the video or mainly the sound of the Tiktok. In that case, we all have the same thought: Is it possible to edit the sound after posting it? If you have been wondering the same, you won’t be able to change the background sound or any other content on the video after you have posted it.
You can edit your videos as you want with all kinds of transitions, filters, and music before you post. Once you post it, you won’t be able to edit anything on your post, including the captions. The only option is to delete the video, and then you can start all over again.
FAQs on TikTok Sounds
You can edit the sound on Tiktok as you like before posting. You can search for different sounds, edit them or even add a voiceover. Not just that, you can also adjust the volume of the sound and the original sounds before posting. Make the necessary edits before posting your Tiktok video.
Once you post the video, you won’t be able to edit anything in the video, including the sound, caption, content, and cover photo.
Tiktok started as a platform allowing users to post videos only up to 15 seconds long. After a while, Tiktok extended the limit allowing videos up to 60 seconds on the platform. Some time back till 2021, we could only upload videos up to 3 minutes long, but now Tiktok is cranking its maximum limit, allowing users to post videos of lengths up to 10 minutes.
With the app’s growing popularity, it is also challenging other platforms like Youtube by letting Tiktok users post 10-minute videos.
You can use third-party video editors to add music to the video while editing. Download the sound you want to include in the video and add them to the videos using the third-party editors.
After you have added the desired sound through the video editors, upload it on Tiktok, and you will have a new sound.
Yes, CapCut is a great video editor you can use for Tiktok. It comes with hundreds of filters, stickers, royalty-free music, sound effects, and other editing features that make a huge difference in your TikTok. It is a one-stop solution for editing all your Tiktok videos.
Before posting a video on Tiktok, you will have the option of doing a copyright check on the sound. The feature is mainly available for desktop browsers, so if you intend to post a Tiktok from your browser, you can easily find if the sound is copyrighted. You can also check for the copyright from any third-party website but make sure not to use copyrighted sounds to avoid getting banned from Tiktok.
Edit TikTok Videos and Sounds
Tiktok is a platform that allows users to edit and share videos online conveniently. It has a built-in video editor, which will help you edit your videos and sounds the way you want them. You can even use apps like Capcut to utilize additional features that allow you to edit your content on Tiktok. Editing sounds is also a helpful feature on Tiktok. It is very simple, and anyone could add different songs, other sounds, their sound, and voiceover in their video without hassle. After reading this article, hopefully, you not might be able to edit sounds on your Tiktok without breaking a sweat.
If you have any other queries, let us know in the comments below.
Read another article on How to Edit Clips on TikTok?