Many of us have our phone numbers linked to our Instagram profiles. Some of us publicly display our phone numbers in our profiles, whereas most keep them hidden. Only 15-20% of the users have publicly displayed their phone numbers on their profiles. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Extract Phone Numbers From Instagram?
With many profiles being linked to different numbers, some of us might wonder if there is any way to find the numbers behind the other Instagram profiles. Although there isn’t any sure-shot method to extract phone numbers from Instagram, different strategies might help you extract some numbers from Instagram.
Extract the Phone Number From the “Discover People” Option
One of the popular methods to extract phone numbers is the “Discover People” Option. You can see the Instagram IDs of the people from your contacts. But you can’t see the usernames linked with individual phone numbers, so to find the numbers for each username, you have to figure it out yourself.
Here is how you can extract the phone number From the “Discover People” option:
- First, open your Instagram App on your iOS or Android.
- Next, head Over to your profile and Click on the three horizontal lines.
- Next, click on the “Discover People” button and tap on See All.
- If you have connected your Instagram with your contact list, tap on the Connect Contacts” button and allow permission to share your contacts with Instagram.
- Now, You can see all the Instagram accounts of the people in your phone contacts.
- If the profile name matches the contact’s name, you can easily match the number and id of the person.
- If the usernames and the contact’s name don’t match, you must review the profile and know who it might be.
Extract the Phone Number From the “Follow and Invite Friends” Option
Extracting the phone numbers from the “Follow and Invite Friends” method is similar to the first, as it relies on your contact list. You can easily find out whose number belongs to which Instagram account, but you must have the numbers on your phone.
You can extract the phone number from the “Follow and Invite Friends” option.
- Open your Instagram and go to your Profile.
- Click on the three horizontal lines and select Settings.
- Tap on “Follow and Invite friends.”
- You will see a list of ways to follow or invite people on Instagram.
- Now, Click on Follow Contact Option and allow contacts access to your Instagram.
- You can see a list of people from your contacts available on Instagram.
- Go through the list, and you can match the profile names with your contact list to figure out the name and number of the person.
Manually search contact numbers from your Instagram followers
You can also manually extract the numbers, but this is one of the least popular methods, and you need to be lucky to extract numbers with the method. People also share their numbers on their Instagram account for everyone to see, but only 20% of people share their number on their Instagram. So if you are lucky, you can just visit their profile and see the number listed in their profile, or else you have to return empty-handed and rely on other methods.
- Open your Instagram and open the profile of different people.
- Now, you can see their number under the “Contact” button if they have shared it.
- Go to the different profiles you want the number of. If you are lucky, they have shared it on Instagram.
- List down all the numbers in a spreadsheet or anything you want.
Extract phone numbers from Instagram with Python & GitHub
If you are a developer or know how to use Python and GitHub properly, you can also extract phone numbers from different Instagram accounts using python and GitHub. But before you try to extract phone numbers with Python and GitHub, understand that accessing Instagram automatically is against the terms of service. So this method isn’t recommended if you just want to extract a few numbers.
If you are extracting numbers for your business, using phone numbers can be beneficial for long-term marketing. Of course, you need to have a lot of Instagram accounts to scrape the numbers, and not that some might even get banned during the process.
You can then build your own Instagram scraper and scrape the numbers. Also, use proxies to hide your location, and don’t use your personal or business accounts, as they might even get permanently banned since this method is against their Terms of Service. You might want to look for other alternatives if you are looking for random phone numbers.
FAQs On Extracting Phone Numbers From Instagram
You can easily change your phone number for two-factor authentication on Instagram through the following steps:
1. Open Instagram and head over to your profile.
2. Click on the three horizontal lines and go to Settings.
3. Click on Security and Select Two-factor authentication.
4. If it is already turned on, tap on Text Message.
5. You can see a Change phone number below; click on it.
6. Enter your new phone number and click on Next.
7. Verify your unique number through the six-digit OTP sent to you.
8 You can now see a list of recovery codes. Click on Done to complete the Two-factor authentication.
To remove your phone number from Instagram, you need to disable the Two-factor authentication through Security under Settings. If you don’t have an email, you can’t remove your phone number, so make sure you have an email address associated with the account before you head on to remove your phone number. After you have added your email address, you can easily remove your phone number from your profile. But remember that you need to first verify your email through the link sent to you on your email before you can remove your number.
Since you can link your phone number to your Instagram account and let you find people through your contact list, many of us might think that the app also notifies your contacts when you add a phone number, like a few other platforms. But no, not only your contacts won’t know if you add your phone number, but they also can’t find which phone number is associated with which Instagram account.
Like mobile numbers, email addresses are completely private on Instagram. If you have a public profile, you can list your email address on the contacts button. No other people can view your email address on Instagram.
You can’t create two Instagram accounts with a sample phone number or the same email. You must use a unique number or email to create a new profile. Your account belongs to your phone number or email, so creating multiple accounts through the same phone number is impossible. You need your phone number to reset your password or verify other stuff on the platform, so it is only possible for each account to be associated with one phone number.
Read another article on How To Make Videos Autoplay On Instagram Story?