Finding a downloaded file on an iPhone is sometimes laborious work. It is easy to find a downloaded file on an iMac than on an iPhone. Anyway, there is more than one way you can find a file you have downloaded recently or in the near future. Follow the easy steps on How to Find Downloads on iPhone?
What are the Different ways To Find Downloads on iPhone?
Let’s look at some ways you can find your downloaded file on the iPhone.
Direct Search from the Home Screen
To direct search for the files from the home screen, you have to
- Swipe the home screen left.
- A search bar will appear on the screen.
- Type files in it, and the file app will appear.
- Click on the file app and search for the downloaded file.
Detailed Search from the Files App
For a specific search of a file, you can
- Open the file app by either swiping left from the home screen or going to the app library by swiping to the right and searching for the file app.
- Open the file app.
- A browse option will be in the bottom right corner of the file app.
- Open the Browse section and select “On My iPhone.”
- Search for the specific downloaded file you are looking for from the various folders.
After Finding the Downloaded File
Once you find the downloaded file you were looking for, you can do several things.
- You can preview the file by tapping on it.
- You can long press the file, and a pop-up menu will appear where you can copy, rename, delete, or move the file according to your liking.
FAQs On Finding Downloads on iPhone
Yes, you can download files on your iPhone. You can download pdf, certificates, documents, and everything else. These downloads will be saved in your files app on your iPhone, which you can access anytime.
All the downloads you make on your iPhone get saved in the Files App on your phone. You can go to the Files app, select the browse option on the bottom right-hand side and see exactly where your file has been arranged and kept.
You can edit the files on your iPhone. Go to the files app, select the browse option, choose the file you want to edit, and then long press on that file. By long pressing the file, you will get a pop-up menu with the copy, delete, rename, and other features you can choose from.
You do have the option of restoring your deleted files. All you have to do is go to iCloud.com and select settings. Go to the advanced options in settings, and click the Restore Files option. You can select the files you want to restore, or you can restore them all. You have both options.
There may be several reasons why your downloads might be failing. Your storage might be low, loss of net connection, or restrictions of downloads from certain websites or apps, make sure all of these things are entertained first before asking for help from a technician.
Read our other post, How To Delete Certain Emojis On iPhone?