A sure way to prevent losing the contacts on your phone is always to have them backed up. Even if you lose your phone or have to buy a new phone, you can always be sure to get those contacts back. If you’re wondering about How to find your contact on Google? This article will guide you on How to find your contact on Google without hassle.
Stepwise Guide To Restore Old Contacts From Google Account
Let’s learn How To Find Your Contact On Google in easy steps.
1. Log in to your Google account
Keeping your contact on your Google account is a great way to keep them safe. If you’ve previously saved your contacts on your Google account and wish to retrieve them, then you’ve nothing to worry about. All you have to do is log in to that account, and your saved contacts will automatically show up.
2. Import your contact file from your Google account or VCF file
You can import your contacts into your new device. To import, you must save your contacts in a VCF file. Also, if you’re planning to move the contacts saved on a Google account into a new one, you can achieve it by following these step-by-step procedures:
- Step 1: Tap on the contact icon on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Click on the three horizontal lines icon at the top left of the page.
- Step 3: Select “Settings” from the options presented.
- Step 4: Proceed to click on Import.
- Step 5: You will see a list of options . Choose the one you want (Internal storage is also a Vcf file) from which you can import contacts.
- Step 6: Choose the destination you want, then select the contacts you want to import. You can also import all your contacts to the new destination.
How to restore your contact from your Backup
It’s important to note that a phone with a lower android version cannot restore contacts from a higher android version.
- Step 1: Go to your phone settings option.
- Step 2: Click on “Google“
- Step 3: Select “Set up and restore“
- Step 4: Proceed to click on “Restore contacts“
- Step 5: If you have different accounts to choose from, the icon above allows you to select the desired account you want to restore your contact form. Sometimes your account password might be required; if it isn’t, proceed to click on restore.
- Step 6: You will get an option to restore the contacts to your device only or your chosen Google account.
- Step 7: Select your preferred choice and wait for some seconds to have the contact restored.
FAQs on Finding Old Contacts On Google Account
Out of the methods discussed above, the easiest and fastest would be to log in to your Google account; all the contacts previously saved on it would be restored immediately.
VCF file stands for virtual contact file, it’s a file that can be used to store your contact, and at the same time, it can also store other information such as name, address, etc. It’s a file accepted by both desktops and mobile.
No, it’s not. Your phone only restores the contacts that don’t exist on the system.
Yes, it’s possible to move your contacts from one Google account to another. Follow the steps highlighted in the section of this article, “Import your contact file from your Google account or VCF file.”
Yes, it’s possible; when you turn on Backup by Google one, all your files are automatically saved.
Please read our other article on How To Unfollow Hashtags On Instagram?