While taking a selfie video for whatever purpose, like for your YouTube channel, your blog, or website, or to capture cherished moments with friends and family, you might want to switch your camera view from the front or selfie camera to the back camera without having to stop your current video. This article includes a detailed guide on how To Flip The Camera While Recording Video On iPhone.
This article explains How To Flip The Camera While Recording Video On iPhone.
You obviously won’t want your video saved as short skits while you switch back and forth between the front and rear cameras. So, you need to know how to get a smooth recording of your video while changing the camera positions.
You can change your camera view directly while recording your video with your iPhone’s built-in camera. You can also use third-party applications like Instagram and Snapchat that work with your iPhone’s camera.
Have you been wondering- How To Flip The Camera While Recording Video On iPhone? Then this post is for you. Read on to see easy steps to How To Flip The Camera While Recording Video On iPhone.
Join me to learn how to flip your iPhone’s camera in a few easy steps.
How To Change Camera View while Recording on iPhone?
If you’ve had difficulty switching your camera while recording, this section will explain how to do so with your iPhone’s camera and with the help of third-party applications.
With iPhone Camera Only
As noted earlier, you can change your camera’s position without pausing the video. To do so, note the steps stated below.
1. Tap on the Camera app icon on your home screen to open the Camera app.
2. Set your camera from picture to video by sliding the toolbar.
3. Next, tap on the red button here to start recording.
4. Note that the video has started recording and is set to the front camera.
5. When you’re ready to flip your camera to rear view, tap on your iPhone’s screen twice. This would automatically flip your camera to the back camera.
6. Note the time bar at the top of your video that the video hasn’t been interrupted and is still recording smoothly.
7. Double tap on your screen to switch to the front camera.
8. When you’re done recording, tap on the red button to stop and save your video into your Photos Gallery.
Use of Instagram and Snapchat Camera Settings
Third-party applications provide extra fun tweaks and features like filters, sharing, and editing options. You can get all your video edits and modifications done in one go!
1. Open the Instagram app by tapping on the app icon on the home screen.
2. On the homepage, swipe left to open the Camera mode.
3. Next, tap on the button in the middle here to begin your video.
4. While recording, tap twice on the screen to flip your camera view or tap on the camera switcher here.
If you’re more of a Snapchat fanatic like yours truly, you can also use Snapchat to switch your camera view while recording your video.
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone by tapping on the app icon on the home screen.
2. Tap on the Smiley icon to select your favorite filter if you have any.
3. Tap and hold the round button here to start recording.
4. If you’re recording a long video, swipe left while holding the round button to lock the video bottom. This allows your video to keep rolling without holding the record button.
5. On anywhere on the screen, double tap to switch to the rear camera and vice versa.
6. Alternatively, tap on the switch camera icon to flip your camera manually.
This won’t interrupt your video; it will continue recording before you stop and save it. Luckily, if you’re an Android user and you’re having difficulty flipping your camera, you can also use the Snapchat and Instagram applications to switch your camera.
Another great application that can be used is the Timestamp Camera application. You can switch your camera view while recording your videos.
It is available for download on both the Apple App Store, and Google Play Store, so both iOS and Android users can purchase and install the app.
FAQs On Flipping The Camera While Recording Video On iPhone
To switch your camera while recording a video, follow these basic steps.
1. Open the Camera app on your Android phone.
2. Scroll and select the Video setting.
3. Tap on the Red record icon to start recording.
4. When recording, tap on the screen twice to switch the camera.
1. On your iPhone, launch the Photos app.
2. Open a photo album and select the video you want to mirror or flip.
3. Tap on the Edit icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Select the Crop option from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
5. Select the Flip option.
6. Select Done to save your edit.
To flip your camera before taking a picture or portrait, tap on the Switch Camera icon at the bottom corner of your screen.
The back or rear camera captures pictures in their full length and quality. The front or selfie camera is mostly preferred while answering video calls on FaceTime or WhatsApp.
In the camera settings of the Camera app, you can select between the Ultra Wide or Wide Angle settings to improve your shutter quality. Here, you can also select the zoom lens.
On later models of iPhones, you can Select the video format of the Video mode of your iPhone. Multiple setting options like HD, 4K recording, and 24, 25, 30, or 60 fps are available for you to choose from.
To access these settings, follow these steps.
Open the Settings app.
Scroll down and select Camera.
Tap on the Record Video option.
Select the toggle switch beside Video Format to enable the options.
Read another article on How To Measure Elevation With An iPhone?