Even if you meticulously read the descriptions and reviews on a product from Amazon, there will be times when the item you receive isn’t what you expect or need. If this happens, then you need to request a refund. Here is what you need to do to get that. Read the article until the end to answer your query – “How to get a Refund on Amazon?”
Steps On How to get a Refund on Amazon
- Go to the Amazon website and sign in to your account.
- Go to “Returns and Orders,” located on the upper right of the screen, next to the account menu. You can also access this list through the “Accounts & Lists” menu. Look for Orders under the Account link.
- Find the item you wish to get a refund for on your Orders list. If it’s a digital product, click on the “Digital Orders” link.
- Select the “Return or replace items” option on the right of the order. The button will say “Return for refund” for digital products.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the reason why you wish to refund your payment for that order. It could be bought by mistake, product damaged, the wrong item sent, or others. Click on submit after selecting the reason.
- You will be asked to explain the product’s problem or why you are asking for a refund. Type your explanation, then submit the request for a refund by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- You will also be asked to choose where to receive the item refund. If you have multiple options, click on the circle beside your preference.
8. You need to choose how you plan to ship the item back to Amazon. There are a few options available. Print the label for the item if needed.
Once approved, Amazon will credit your refund to it. You can also check the status of your refund by going back to the Orders page. There will be a “View Return / Refund Status” beside the relevant item.
FAQs On Amazon
Based on its return policy, Amazon only issues a full refund if they are at fault. For example, if a damaged product was sent. If they prove that you are the one at fault, you will only receive a partial refund.
Yes, Amazon may choose to ban your account if you return more than 10% of the items that you buy and if there is no or little evidence to prove the problem that you reported as your reason for returning the item.
It depends on the refund method selected. Credit card refunds take three to five business days after processing. It takes two to three hours for the refund to be concluded for Amazon gift cards. At the same time, it should take up to 10 business days for debit card and checking account methods.
Yes. According to its return policy, Amazon rejects the return of any product without the original documentation. You cannot return some items, such as online subscriptions that have already been accessed, prepaid game cards, and certain health and personal care products.
If Amazon deems the value of the item you are returning is smaller than the cost of shipping it back, inspecting, and restocking it, it will refund the amount without asking for a return.
Conclusion on Amazon Refund
Understanding the rules of Amazon’s refund policy can be confusing. The main thing to understand is that you can return nearly everything you purchase from Amazon and request a refund. The sooner you do this, the better. Just don’t do it too often, or Amazon may decide to terminate your account.
Read another article on How to View Old Profile Pictures on Instagram?