If you have been using Instagram for a long time, you must know about the Reshare sticker. It is an exciting sticker that appeared on Instagram in 2018. This sticker allows users to reshare stories from their friends and also collect them in one place. This article will discuss removing this sticker from your profile or channel so it does not affect your account. Read this article until the end to answer your query: How To Get Rid Of Reshare Sticker On Instagram?
Four Methods To Get Rid Of Reshare’ Sticker On Instagram
You can get rid of Reshare sticker on Instagram in the following ways;
- Delete the app
- Delete your Account
- Clear cache from your device
- Use Photoshop
Method1: Deleting or Uninstalling the App
To delete or uninstall the app:
- Step 1: Open your phone.
- Step 2: Go to Settings > App.
- Step 3: Select Instagram, press the Uninstall button at the bottom of your screen and tap OK when prompted by your phone’s security check box. Disable if it’s locked with a passcode/fingerprint/pattern lock or has Android Device Manager enabled (Google will have complete control over that device).
They will remove the app from your phone, and you’ll see it disappear from the list of apps installed on your device.
If you want to reinstall Instagram on your phone, head to the App Store and search for it. The app will automatically reinstall itself—ensure you have enough storage space on your device.
If you have several installed apps on your phone and want to free up some storage space, consider uninstalling the ones you don’t use or need anymore. However, before you do that, back up any critical data in those apps using iCloud or Google Drive.
Method2: by Account Deletion
To delete your account on Instagram, then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Step 2: Tap on settings; the icon is located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Select the account from there and click on Delete My Account.
- Step 4: You will be asked for confirmation purposes. Click on Continue and enter your password to proceed further with this process.
- Step 5: The next step would be asking why you deleted an Instagram account. Some options are available, such as “I don’t use it anymore” or “I have been hacked,” etc.; select any of them and click on Continue.
You will be asked to provide a reason for deleting an Instagram account. Some options are available, such as “I don’t use it anymore” or “I have been hacked,” etc.; select any of them and click on Continue.
Once you have chosen a reason for deleting an Instagram account, the next step would be to select some options. You can choose whether you want to delete your account or disable it, meaning no one views your profile anymore. After making all these selections, click on the Delete My Account button to finally end this process of deleting an Instagram account.
Method3: Clearing Cache
Here are the steps to clear the cache:
- Step 1: Open your phone, then go to settings.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on apps or app manager, depending on your phone (Android or iPhone). For Android users, it’s called “Application Manager.” For iPhone users, it’s called “Manage Apps.”
- Step 3: Once inside the app manager or application manager, find Instagram and tap on it to see all its details (size, version number, etc.).
Tap on the “Storage” section and tap “Clear Cache.” The action will clear out any temporary files that are taking up space. It will also clear out any personal information stored by Instagram, like login credentials.
Method4: Using Photoshop
Steps to use photoshop:
- Step 1: Open the app and go to the photo you want to remove the reshare sticker from.
- Step 2: Open the photo in Photoshop and zoom on it as much as possible.
- Step 3: Use the Magic Wand tool to select all of the stickers on this image by clicking on them once each with this tool, then pressing CTRL+D to deselect everything else.
- Step 4: After that, erase all of these stickers using the Eraser Tool (it looks like an eraser). Don’t erase anything else, though! Make sure you only remove those stickers so that there’s nothing else left behind when you’re done with this step.
- Step 5: If there is any leftover space where they initially placed no sticker, then use a clone stamp tool from your toolbar at the top left corner of the screen (it looks like two overlapping circles)
- Step 6: Click once over a blank area near where some text or photo used to be before being removed by resharing the sticker user’s comment.
- Step 7: Drag the cursor around the screen until the desired shape appears underneath the cursor tip
- Step 8: Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking multiple times; with the left mouse button until the new condition matches the surrounding area perfectly.
- Step 9: Repeat the steps outlined above until satisfied with the results – don’t forget about changing the brush size slider bar if needed!
FAQs On Deleting Reshare Sticker On Instagram
No, it hasn’t. The reshare sticker is still there and working fine.
You may not be able to see it because Instagram has required you to use the reshare sticker.
It’s a button that lets people share your post with their followers on Instagram. It’s helpful if you want your content to go viral and reach more people than usual.
The easiest way to remove the reshare sticker is by disabling it entirely in your settings menu. To do this, go to your profile and tap “General” under Settings. Scroll down until you see “Instagram Story Reshare” and toggle it off (the option will turn gray when disabled).
If you don’t want to disable the feature but would still prefer something different from the default reshare sticker. Several other options are available for you to choose from in your profile settings under “Story Reshare Options” (tap Story Settings and then Story Reshare Options).
Also, learn How To See Old Instagram Bios?