Before now, WhatsApp chats were always end-to-end encrypted, meaning only the sender and receiver could see messages. But, backed up on Google Drive or Apple iCloud chats had no encryption, this was a major loophole as any third party could gain access to these backup files. However, WhatsApp changed that and has now introduced encryption for chat backups. WhatsApp also uses a 64-digit encryption key to protect your encrypted backup.
If you’re asking ‘How to Get WhatsApp Key?’, you’re in luck as this article will give you a step-by-step guide on how to get WhatsApp key and everything you need to know about WhatsApp encryption key.
how to Get WhatsApp Key.
The WhatsApp key is a 64-digit password that you can use to access your encrypted backup on WhatsApp. This key is the only way to transfer your encrypted backup files to a new device. WhatsApp introduced this key protection on encrypted backups to provide additional security. To know where to find your WhatsApp encryption key, follow the steps below
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your mobile device. Tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner then select “Settings”
- Step 2: Under Settings, select “Chats” then tap “Chat backup”
- Step 3: Next, tap the “End-to-end encrypted backup” option
- Step 4: Select “TURN ON”. On the next screen, you will see an option to create a password or use a 64-digit encryption key instead, select “USE 64-DIGIT ENCRYPTION KEY INSTEAD”
- Step 5: Now, you will see the option “GENERATE YOUR 64-DIGIT KEY”. Go on and tap on it and your WhatsApp key will be generated. You can save it in your notepad or write it down
That’s how to get WhatsApp key easily using your mobile phone. It is important to note that you can’t generate a WhatsApp encryption key on WhatsApp Web or through any modified version of WhatsApp
Now you’ve learned how to get WhatsApp key by using the simple steps mentioned above. Here are other questions users ask about WhatsApp, with answers that may be useful to you.
If you used a password for your encrypted backup on WhatsApp and you no longer remember it, you can recover your password using the following steps.
1. Open WhatsApp and navigate to settings
2. Tap “chats” and select “Chat backup”
3. Select “End-to-end encrypted backup” then “Change Password”
4. Select “I forgot my password” then verify your identity. Afterward, you can create a new secure password for your backup
If you want to read an encrypted message on WhatsApp, Install WhatsApp Web on your computer and log into your account by scanning the QR code from your phone. Once your device is connected, you can read all encrypted WhatsApp Messages on your computer.
To decrypt WhatsApp Messages, you’ll need to find the crypt file in your device storage, then copy the files to your computer. Then, open WhatsApp viewer and import the copied files.
WhatsApp does not store messages once they are delivered. The only way messages can be forwarded to law enforcement is if a valid preservation request was made before the user deletes the messages.
Yes. You can use up to four devices on WhatsApp by linking them to your phone. To link a device to your phone, simply tap the three-dot icon at the top-right corner then tap on “Linked devices” and select “Link a device”