Instagram has launched a new update in some parts of the world, including the USA and Europe. Many users reportedly disliked the latest update since it now works like TikTok, where users would need to scroll posts manually rather than scrolling.
If you have been frustrated with the new update and want to revert back to the old version of the app, read this guide.
This guide will tell you how to go back to old Instagram and start scrolling again.
Getting Back to Old Instagram
There has been a lot of buzz about the new update. It is already available for some users and in beta testing for others. Beta users can test the update and later report to the developer if they find any bugs and issues.
Many users don’t like Instagram’s new update and want to return to the old version. One cannot get the old layout back through the app or play store.
If you want to move back to the older version, you need to download the APK on your Android phone.
Follow these steps on your Android phone to revive back the old one:
- Get rid of the current updated version of the app from your phone.
- Look for the APK with the old interface and download it on your phone. You can find it on websites with APK repositories, for example, APK mirror. You can select your preferred version from the list of available versions.
- Once downloaded, allow your phone to install the application from APK. Go to your phone’s settings, select “Advanced settings” > “Security” >”Install unknown apps” > “Allow from this source.” After enabling the download settings, go to downloads and install the APK file.
- You can now log in to your account from this APK version.
- Ensure that you turn off the auto-update apps option from the Google Playstore. For this, head to the Google play store’s settings and select Network preferences > Auto-update apps > Don’t auto-update apps.
FAQs On Reversal to Old Version
It is impossible to revert to the app store’s old version. To get back the old version of Instagram, you will be required to download the APK file of old Instagram from APK-supported websites.
Go to your app store, and open the settings by tapping on your profile picture. Select About and then App updates. Under “auto-update app,” choose the “turn off auto update app” option.
No, you cannot undo the Instagram update. However, you can stop getting auto updates on your app. Go to settings and disable the auto-update app option to allow your app to stay in the current version/update.
Have you been seeing bigger visuals in your Instagram app lately? Well, it is not an app glitch but a feed test launched by Instagram in May 2022. The users will likely see super-sized photos and videos in this feed test.
If your Instagram is still in the old version, it might be because you have disabled the auto-update option. To use the latest version of Instagram, uninstall and reinstall the app. Press “update” If you see it in the app on the play store after installing it.
Get more information on Instagram, read the post How To Find Out Who Reported You On Instagram?