As an employer, manager, or marketer, you might have to send an important announcement or notice to all your employees and customers at once. Considering the large number of people under this category, composing and sending your message to each contact individually would be a complete waste of time and effort. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Group Text To More Than 10 Contacts On iPhone?
With broadcast messages, you can send a message to a large number of contacts in one click. They can be sent as SMS, MMS, or emails. Unfortunately, the iMessage app for iOS devices can’t send messages to more than ten contacts at once. So it is not the best option for you if you send a message to twenty to a hundred contacts.
However, you can create a group where you can send and pin your message on the chat wall so that all participants can see it. In this guide, I’ll show you How To Group Text To More Than 10 Contacts On iPhone. The guide explains how to create and send the broadcast message to the group members.
How to Send a Group Text on your iPhone?
First of all, your iOS device must be updated to its latest version, and you must have the iMessages app on your iPhone.
The iMessage app sorts out your message type according to its settings, internet connection, and cellular network. There are three known message types.
- iMessage – If the group participants are Apple users and have iOS devices, your broadcast message would be sent as an iMessage.
- Group SMS and Group MMS – If the group participants are not Apple users, your broadcast message would be sent as an SMS or MMS.
How to Create a Group On iMessage?
Before you learn how to send a message to a group chat on iMessage, you must know how to create a group chat on iMessage.
- 1. Go to the Settings app, then tap on Messages. Enable both iMessage and MMS settings.
- 2. Tap on the Messages icon to launch the app.
- 3. Select the Compose icon at the upper right corner of your screen.
- 4. Tap on the Plus (+) icon to select contacts to add to the group.
- 5. If you want to add contacts that aren’t on iMessage, tap on the New Group MMS header.
Now that you’ve created your group chat, you can send your broadcast message to the group chat.
- 6. Compose your message in the input text box, and tap on the Send button. It is an arrow facing upwards.
Steps to Add Members to Group Chat on iPhone
To add more members to your group chat, follow the steps here.
- 1. Tap on the Messages icon to launch the app.
- 2. Open the newly created group chat.
- 3. At the top of the group chat, tap on the members’ names.
- 4. Select the Info in the drop-down here.
- 5. Scroll down and tap on Add Contact.
- 6. Select the plus (+) icon to add a new contact to your group chat.
- 7. Enter the name of the contact and tap on Done.
NOTE: With the iOS 15 version, sent media files, links, and voice notes are documented in the Shared With You section of the group chat settings page. You can hide these contents by disabling the Show Shared With You option.
Use of Third-Party Applications
Suppose you aren’t satisfied with the group chat method on iPhone. In that case, multiple applications are available for download on Apple App Store that helps to send bulk messages to your selected contacts. Examples of these applications are.
This application aids project management and improves work efficiency. It allows you to send and receive messages and notifications instantly. Available on both Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
TextMagic is an application that allows its users to send bulk SMS messages to multiple contacts on their Android devices. It is available only on Google Play Store.
This messaging service helps businesses send and receive unlimited SMS, MMS, RCS, email, FAX, and voice messages at a cheap rate. For a one-time payment of $200, you could access its unlimited SMS and MMS credits. It is available for download on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
FAQs On Group Text on iPhone
This depends solely on your device model and cellular network carrier. In some cases, the number of recipients differs from 10 contacts to 30 contacts. The group messages can be sent as MMS and SMS and turned on from your Messages settings in the Settings app.
Follow the step-by-step process below to send a group text message to a group chat.
1. Select the Contacts icon and tap on the Groups section here.
2. Tap on the Menu section here and select Send Message.
3. Compose your text message and send it to the list of contacts in the group chat.
Yes. There’s a limit to the number of people you can have on an iMessage group chat. You can have only 32 contacts in your group chat.
To send more than 20 text messages at once from your messages app on your Android device, use the steps below.
Open the Messages app on your Android phone.
Tap on the Menu icon in the upper right corner.
Tap on Settings.
Select the Advanced settings.
Tap on Group Messaging.
Choose the “Mass Text” option.
The number of contacts that can receive a broadcast message depends on your cellular network carrier and your Android device or iPhone model. Some may limit you to only ten recipients, while others may be twenty or thirty recipients. For instance, Apple has limited the number of recipients to only thirty-two contacts.
Read another article on How To Open An ODT File On iPhone?