We humans occasionally feel worn out and wish we could press a button that would return us to our original state. That’s a separate issue on the iPhone 4. You can hard reset your iPhone to its factory default settings if it’s functioning strangely or if you want to do it for reselling. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Hard Reset iPhone 4 Without iTunes.
Whatever the reason you’ve opted to reset your iPhone 4, we’ll guide you through it.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 4 Without iTunes?
Hard resetting your iPhone will permanently delete all stored data and reinstall the default iOS software on the phone. The difference between a soft and hard reset is that the former reboots while keeping all data intact. The latter reboot the iPhone and deletes all data. If hard resetting led you to this article, let’s dive in!
Method 1: Using iPhone Factory Reset
If you have access to the iPhone, the settings app can help you do that. Here’s how you can go about it:
- Step 1: Open the Settings App.
- Step 2: Tap on General.
- Step 3: Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Step 4: Tap on the Erase All Content And Settings option.
- Step 5: Continue the hard reset process by tapping the Erase iPhone button on the pop-up.
- Step 6: Wait for the Apple ID and Passcode prompts to appear.
- Step 7: Confirm your Passcode and Apple ID by entering them in the rectangular box.
Easy peasy! Remember to back up relevant data to a PC before hard resetting your iPhone 4.
Method 2: Using iMyFone iPhone Eraser
To keep your privacy safe when you want to give out your iPhone, we recommend you hard reset your iPhone. There are a lot of third-party apps, and the iMyFone iPhone eraser is one of the best. This third-party app lets you hard reset your iPhone 4 without iTunes and back up relevant information if you want to restore it to the iPhone after the hard reset. To use this app, follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Download and install the iMyFone iPhone Eraser on your PC.
- Step 2: Launch the App on your PC.
- Step 3: Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Step 4: Back up your important data to your PC.
- Step 5: Click on the Erase All Data option on the homepage.
- Step 6: On the next screen, click on Erase.
- Step 7: Type Delete into the rectangular box to allow the iMyFone iPhone eraser to continue with the process.
- Step 8: Click on Erase now.
- Step 9: Run Erase Deleted Files to scan deleted data once again.
- Step 10: Wait for the scan to show the data left on your iPhone.
- Step 11: Restart your iPhone.
- Step 12: Confirm that your iPhone has been hard reset by checking the iOS software to see if it’s the default version.
- Step 13: Copy the Backup Data and paste it to your iPhone 4 if you want to continue using it.
Method 3: Using DrFone Data Eraser.
You can hard reset your iPhone 4 without iTunes. You need the right software to assist you in completing this task without harming your iPhone 4. The DrFone Data Eraser for iOS is another third-party app that has proven effective. To use this app for this task, follow these steps carefully:
- Step 1: Download and install the DrFone Data Eraser on your PC.
- Step 2: Launch the App on your PC once it’s installed.
- Step 3: Connect your iPhone 4 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Step 4: On the DrFone data eraser app, click on Erase.
- Step 5: Wait for the app to detect your iPhone 4.
- Step 6: When your iPhone is detected, click on Erase Full Data.
- Step 7: Click Erase to start the hard reset process.
- Step 8: Type Erase into the box to confirm your action.
- Step 9: Wait for a success confirmation pop-up before disconnecting your iPhone from your PC.
Method 4: Using FoneDog iPhone Cleaner
The iPhone settings app could leave tiny bits of data on your device, which could breach your data if you’re giving the phone out. The receiver tries to recover the lost data. Using third-party software is an effective way to prevent this. FoneDog iPhone cleaner is another app we recommend you use for this task. Use the steps below to hard reset your iPhone 4:
- Step 1: Download and install FoneDog iPhone Cleaner on your PC.
- Step 2: Launch the App and connect your iPhone 4 to the PC using a USB cable.
- Step 3: Hover on the Drop-down Menu and click on Erase All Data.
- Step 4: Choose any of the three Erase Levels – low, mid, or high.
- Step 5: Enter 0000 into the rectangular box to authenticate your action.
FAQs On Resetting IPhone
Factory resetting your iPhone 4 using buttons is as fast as lightning. To do this task, long press the home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until Apple’s logo appears on your screen. Take your fingers off the buttons and wait for your iPhone to complete the booting process.
Removing the previous owner before gifting or selling the iPhone is an excellent idea if you no longer want to use your iPhone. Here’s how to do it: Open your Web Browser, open iCloud.com, and tap on Find My iPhone. Tap on All Devices and select the target device. Then tap on the Remove button.
Soft resetting your iPhone 4 won’t delete any data on your phone. What a soft reset does to your device is reboot and clear caches slowing down your iPhone’s processor. Soft reset comes in handy when your phone takes longer than usual to respond to a touch command or continue a processing command.
If you get the pop-up notification that your iPhone X has been disabled and want to reset it as it’s the only option you have. Press and release the up-volume key. Then press and release the down-volume key. Long press the power button until Apple’s logo displays, then tap on OK.
There are several backup choices you can use before hard resetting. The first choice is to create a backup on your computer and save it in a specific folder. Backups can also be made using cloud storage services like iCloud and Google Drive.
In this guide, we’ve covered extensively How To Hard Reset iPhone 4 Without iTunes. We hope this guide successfully walked you through the process. Take advantage of the comment section if you need further assistance, and share your experience using this guide.
You may also learn How To Factory Reset iPhone 4 Without Computer?