WhatsApp is a great messaging platform that helps you connect with friends and family online. But you won’t always have a pleasant experience on Whatsapp. Sometimes, there might be annoying people, and you simply want to hide their contact. There are a few ways by which you will be able to hide a contact on Whatsapp to stop getting messages from some specific people.
In this article, we will take you through how to hide a contact on WhatsApp and other alternatives to hiding a contact on WhatsApp.
You can also learn how to edit WhatsApp messages quickly & efficiently.
Steps To Hide a Contact on Whatsapp
There isn’t an option to hide someone on Whatsapp, but there are other ways from which you can hide a contact in your WhatsApp app. Here is how you can hide a contact on Whatsapp:
- Open WhatsApp and Go to contacts.
- You can also open the chat of the person you want to hide.
- Tap on the profile picture and click on the info icon.
- Their profile will appear.
- Click on the three dots and Select “View in address book” to open Contacts on your phone.
- Head over to edit the contact information; select the number and paste it into the Notes field.
- After this, the number won’t appear on your Whatsapp, and if you want to unhide them, just cut the number from the Notes and paste it into the Mobile Number tab.
With this method, you will be able to hide the contact, and you will still have their number when you want to contact them.
Steps To Archive a Contact on WhatsApp
Sometimes, hiding might not work as they still might be able to contact you through other ways on Whatsapp. The archive is a way to hide someone’s message on Whatsapp, but they will still be able to see your online status, and you will also be able to receive and reply to the messages from the unarchive folder. But the contact will stay hidden in your Whatsapp.
- Open your WhatsApp and Scroll your chat
- Find the chat of the contact you want to archive.
- Tap and Hold the chat.
- Now, Click the archive button beside the three dots at the top right corner.
- The chat will be archived, and you will not be able to see the conversation when they send a message.
To unarchive the message, simply follow the steps:
- Open Whatsapp on your phone.
- You will see the Archived button in the Chat Section just above the conversation.
- Click on it and Find the chat of the contact you want to unarchive.
- Tap and hold the chat.
- Click the unarchive button in the top right corner.
Steps To Block a Contact on WhatsApp
There are also times when you simply want to get rid of a person on WhatsApp. Although blocking them can hint that you have blocked them, it is also a method of hiding your chat and disabling them from contacting you.
Here are the steps to block a contact on WhatsApp:
- Open Whats app on your Phone.
- Scroll and find the chat of the person you want to block.
- Click on the three dots icon on the top right corner.
- Click on More and then Select Block.
- WhatsApp will block the contact, and you won’t be able to receive any messages or calls from the person.
Yes, you can use ghost on Whatsapp. The WhatsApp Ghost app works by disabling the Wi-Fi and other wireless connections on your phone before launching WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp Ghost app is a handy app for Android if you want to cut your habit of frequently checking messages or want to avoid getting distracted by Whatsapp.
Just click on the WhatsApp Ghost app icon when you want to use ghost in WhatsApp. Every other app will generally function except WhatsApp. Using ghost also hides the last seen status of your WhatsApp contacts.
When you hide a person on Whatsapp, the other person will not know. They won’t have a clue if you have hidden them on Whatsapp. It is a safe way compared to blocking, where the other person can have hints that you have blocked them on Whatsapp.
Even when you archive a conversation, Whatsapp won’t notify the other person. After archiving, it also doesn’t affect your online status. The other person will know if you are online and will be able to send messages.
Since WhatsApp requires a valid phone number to allow you to log in and use the services, there is no official way of hiding your number on Whatsapp. But don’t worry. There are still loopholes through which you can hide your number. If you get a new number and want to hide your new number from Whatsapp, here is what you should do. Uninstall WhatsApp. Remove the old number and put it on some other phone. Now insert the new SIM and reinstall WhatsApp. While logging in, enter the old number and the OTP from your old number. It will hide your new number, but your old number will still be visible.
To hide your last seen on WhatsApp, Open your WhatsApp settings, go to Account, and Open Privacy. From privacy, you will be able to hide last seen on WhatsApp.
Not just last seen you can also hide other information like your Profile photo, About information, Status updates, read receipts and even prevent people from adding you to Groups.
When you hide your last seen, you also won’t be able to see the last seen of other users. Similarly, when you turn off read receipts, you will not be able to see read receipts of other contacts. So, before your hide your last seen, understand that their info also will be hidden from you.
You won’t be able to see the person’s last seen or online status. The messages also won’t be delivered. You can still send messages, but the message will not show delivered or will not have a double checkmark. Another sign that someone has blocked you is that their profile photo will not be seen, but this is not a sole indication as they might also have removed their profile photo without blocking you. Whenever you try to make calls, the calls also will not go through. If someone has blocked, you can find out with all the signs, but there are also other possibilities for the indications.
If you want to hide a contact on Whatsapp, you can follow the simple steps mentioned above. After hiding the contact, you will not be able to find the contact on your Whatsapp. You can also archive the contact through which you can send and receive messages. Still, WhatsApp won’t notify you about their messages, and you can only check their messages by going into the unarchived folders. Blocking also is a solution to hide someone from your profile, but make sure that after blocking, the person might have a hint that you have blocked them. Hopefully, this article has cleared your confusion. If you have any other queries, do let us know in the comments below!