When someone tags you in a photo or post, it can be exciting and fun. Yet sometimes, you can find yourself in tagged photos that you feel are not appropriate or you feel embarrassed by them. If you think the pictures add no value, it’s time to hide the tagged photos. And you can hide them at any time. Read on to learn How to Hide Your Tagged Photos on Instagram.
Steps to Hide Your Tagged Photos on Instagram
Suppose you are an Instagram user who keeps hiding the photos your connections have tagged you. In that case, Instagram gives a simple way of resolving that problem. Here’s how:
Hiding a Single Photo
There could be a single photo that doesn’t sit well with you whenever you take a look. To hide the single tagged photo, you need to do the following:
- Launch your Instagram app and proceed to your profile section. Tap on Profile in the upper right area of your desktop. If you’re using an android phone, the profile icon should be at the bottom right corner.
- You will see a drop-down menu. Tap on Profile and follow this by clicking on tagged photos on the next page
- There could be a variety of photos your connections tagged you. Select and tap on the image you want to hide.
- After tapping the image, select the visible name on the picture. If you can’t see the tagged photo, select the icon with a person on the left side of your display and fish by selecting the option to remove you from the post.
- You could also opt to click on the Hide from my Profile symbol to remove the photo from your tagged images.
- Finally, the photo will no longer be associated with you.
Hiding Multiple Photos
You could have explored the postings you’ve been featured in and want to straighten up your account by concealing some old postings. You don’t have to do it one at a time. All you need to do is hide numerous posts from your profile simultaneously. And here’s how to do it:
- Open your Instagram platform on your android phone or Personal Computer (PC). Next, click on your profile picture in your smartphone’s lower section and your desktop’s upper right.
- On your phone, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner and select settings from the list that will become visible to you. If using a desktop, click on the profile picture on the upper right section of your display and then tap on Settings.
- On your Android phone, tap on Privacy on the next page.
- What follows is a page with a list. Tap on Posts with a plus icon inside a square shape.
- On the next page, select Manually Approve Tags from the bottom section of your display.
- Finally, on the page that follows, tap on edit on the screen’s right side, then choose the multiple tagged photos you want to hide.
- Select Remove or Hide, and you’ll discover that Hides removes the picture from your account but does not erase you from the photo, whereas Remove does both.
FAQs On Hiding Tagged Photos on Instagram
Click the image on your desktop or phone browser, then tap on the upper right. Choose Post Options, then Hide or Show on My Profile.
Instagram enables you to accept postings that can appear on your account personally. If you don’t see your tagged Insta pictures in the “Photos of You” area, you may have chosen to confirm your tagged posts.
The deleted tags will not show on the picture or post anymore, but they will remain viewable to the public with whom it has been shared. Viewers may see the image or post in places such as search results or Feed.
When you are tagged in a post, it is viewable by the public and picked by the individual who created the thread. In addition, the people you choose in your Tagging and Profile options. You may choose particular friends, add your contacts instantly, or not include anyone else.
Go to Tag Settings, then hit Posts, then touch the circular icon to the right side of the group you wish to permit to tag you in a photo or post. Select Mentions, then choose the circular shape to the right section of the audience who you’d like to be the one mentioning you.
Review our other post on How To Use Wayback Machine For Instagram?