You may have already heard of IPA if you like coming up with applications for your devices. This file works as a container for data you need for an app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Installing IPA used to be done via iTunes. However, that feature was already removed. Follow the steps below to install IPA on your device. In this article, we’ll show you How To Install IPA On iPhone Without Jailbreak.
Install the IPA using a 3rd party service provider
- You need to prepare the IPA package that you want to install on your iPhone. Check if all the fields in its info.plist exist. It should have the BundleDisplayName, BundleIdentifier, and the BundleShortVersionString. If the fields lack something, your upload will not push through.
- There are several apps and websites that will allow you to install IPA files without jailbreaking your iPhone. One such website is IPASign. Launch Safari and go to https://sign.ipasign.cc/.
- Click on the “Browse” button for the field asking for the IPA file. Go to your computer’s folder where the IPA file is stored. Click on the file.
- Click on the “Browse” button again to upload the .p12 file. This p12 certificate should correspond to the IPA file you wish to upload. Note also that you must have the right to use that certificate.
- Enter the correct .p12 password.
- Finally, click on “Browse” one more time to find and upload the corresponding mobileprovision file.
- Click on the blue “Sign it now” button. Wait for the upload to finish.
- Wait for the website to generate the file’s QR code.
- scan the generated QR code. You can also send the download link to yourself. After scanning or clicking on the link, your iPhone will automatically install the IPA file.
FAQs On Installing IPA On iPhone Without Jailbreak
The simplest way to do so is to do a sideloading. It is to install an app directly to the device. You can do sideloading using a 3rd party install app.
Check if the network’s firewall is not blocking the .ipa file’s download. You can also try to use your mobile network instead of the WLAN.
APK files are designed to run on Android devices. That is why it is impossible to install on an iPhone. You can try to find an IPA file that has the same function.
An .ipa file acts as an application archive file. This means it stores the data needed for a specific app to work.
If you plan on using a 3rd party app to install an IPA directly onto your device, you may have to enable an untrusted developer. This refers to the developer of an app that you do not download on the App Store.
To do this:
1. Go to the Settings menu of your device.
2. Tap on General.
3. Look for Profiles (or Profiles & Device Management).
4. From the Enterprise App heading, look for the name of that particular developed.
5. Tap on it to establish trust then follow the prompts to save the setting.
Read another article on How To Track iPhone Location History?