WhatsApp is one of the most used social media platforms with over 2 billion users globally and is sure to have more users in the years to come.
The WhatsApp messenger, commonly known as WhatsApp is an instant messaging service application owned by Meta Platforms, also known as Facebook, and was created in January 2009.
The application allows its users to send and receive messages, voice and video calls, voice notes, documents, media files, and live locations with the use of phone numbers only. This is because your mobile number is required to sign up and create your WhatsApp messenger account.
The WhatsApp app can be installed on all types of devices including your iPhone, Android devices, and personal computers. This makes WhatsApp easily accessible to everyone from anywhere in the world.
In some cases, you’d want to have your WhatsApp account on your iPad but since it requires a phone number, it may be difficult. So in this quick guide, I’ll show you how to install the WhatsApp application on your iPad without your iPhone.
Steps To Install WhatsApp on iPad without iPhone
As said earlier, to create a WhatsApp account, you need a phone or mobile number to do so. But since there’s a limitation to this, it makes it very difficult to do so.
But in this section, I’ll show you a few workaround methods for installing WhatsApp on your iPad without using your iPhone or jailbreaking your iPad.
The first method requires a Mac or PC to be done. Once you have either a Mac or a PC, you can follow the steps below.
1. On your PC or Mac, open and go to the iTunes Store.
2. Navigate to the search bar at the top of the screen and enter WhatsApp.
3. From the list of results, select WhatsApp Messenger.
4. Now, download the app. It is the latest version and is free of charge.
5. After downloading the app, go to the Music folder and select iTunes.
6. Next, go to iTunes Media. Then, select Mobile Applications. In some OS versions, you can directly access the Mobile Applications folder without going to iTunes Media.
7. A list of IPA files is displayed for you to choose from. Select the WhatsApp IPA file and move it to your desktop.
8. Connect your iPad to the Mac or PC. You could use an app like iFunbox to manage and control files on your iPad from the PC or Mac.
If you don’t have the app, quickly download and launch the app.
9. After launching the app, search and select the WhatsApp IPA file.
10. Once you do so, the WhatsApp file starts to install into your iPad.
Now You can create your WhatsApp account.
To do so, an iPhone is needed. Using any other mobile device won’t work for this.
1. Install or reinstall the WhatsApp messenger app on the iPhone.
2. As the normal procedure requires, enter your phone number and verify the number with the OTP code sent to you.
3. Next, disconnect your iPad from the PC or Mac and reconnect it with your iPhone.
4. Open the iFunbox app and open the User Application folder.
5. Search and open the iPhone folder.
6. Tap on the WhatsApp icon. Here, the library and document folders are displayed.
7. Move the folders to the desktop. The data for the WhatsApp account creation is kept in these folders.
8. Connect your iPad to the Mac or PC after disconnecting it from the iPhone.
9. On your iPad, go to the iFunbox app and open User Applications. Then, select WhatsApp.
10. Next, select the Library and Documents folders and replace them with the old folders on the desktop.
11. Now, detach your iPad from the PC or Mac and reboot it.
12. Send the verification code to the iPad, and your WhatsApp messenger is good to go
Alternatively, you can install some third-party applications from the App Store. Examples are the WhatsPad and AirMessage apps.
Although similar, they are quite different and unique. The WhatsPad app allows you to use multiple WhatsApp accounts and makes your iPad a WhatsApp client.
While the AirMessage app links your iPhone’s WhatsApp account and allows you to send and receive messages from your iPad.
Yes, you can. Even though the WhatsApp app doesn’t have an official app for iPad devices, you can use any of the workaround methods stated in this guide or scan the QR code on your iPhone by using a web browser. This makes your WhatsApp account to both devices.
To install your WhatsApp on iPad with WiFi networks only, follow these steps below.
1. Go to the web address https://web.whatsapp.com on your Apple iPhone. Ensure that it is connected to the WiFi.
2. A QR code appears. Scan the code with your iPad. This links your WhatsApp account with your iPad. All your recent activities and chats would appear on your iPad.
With the use of the TextNow app, you can set up your WhatsApp account without a phone number on your iPad.
If you don’t have the app, install it on your iPhone.
After installation, open the app. The TextNow app helps to generate phone numbers with the use of area codes.
After setting up the app, enter your area code and select one phone number from the five given numbers. Now, you can use the number to complete your WhatsApp account creation.
Without a SIM card, you cannot use WhatsApp on your iPad. You’ll have to use your Android or iOS device for the two devices to get connected. As long as the Android or iOS device has an active and working SIM card.
If you’re having difficulty installing the WhatsApp app from App Store, this is because it is not officially available for iPad devices. The current WhatsApp version that’s up for downloads is only compatible with iPhones and Android devices.