WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app. One-third of social media users are using it and have exchanged a lot of numbers. If you want to know who has saved your number from your contact list, then there are a few ways you can do it. There is no need to ask him or her to share the screenshot of your chat to see the name. Instead, simply follow the steps below.
Steps to Know If Someone Saved Your Number on WhatsApp
- First, go to your WhatsApp and tap on three dots.
- Click on new broadcast and add all the numbers you want to know whether they have saved your number or not.
- You can add up to 256 contacts at a time, so if your numbers are more than this, then you can create multiple broadcasts.
- Once the broadcast is created, send any message.
- Then long press the message and click on the (i) button from the top bar.
- And see who has received your messages.
- If the person didn’t save your number, his contact profile would not be shown in the Delivered tab.
Steps to Know If Someone Saved Your Number on WhatsApp using the computer
- Open the web browser and search for WhatsApp web.
- No login by scanning QR code.
- Once you have opened your WhatsApp on your laptop or computer.
- Click on the three dots from the top bar.
- And select create a new group.
- Add all of those whom you want to check
- After it, send a message to a group.
- Now hover your cursor over the message and click on the downward arrow (V).
- Select message info
- And see whom the number isn’t present in the list of reading and delivered.
- If the number isn’t present, then he or she didn’t save your number, or maybe you have been blocked.
FAQs on WhatsApp
If you haven’t saved someone’s number, but he still has your number, then he can see whether you are online or not. WhatsApp may take some steps regarding this as it may cause some privacy issues. But till now, anyone having your number can easily see your last seen time or your live status. If you disable the read message option from privacy settings, Still the person will be able to see whether you are online or not.
No, If you haven’t saved someone’s number and the person also doesn’t have your number, then no one can see your status. If still your number has been saved in someone’s mobile and you haven’t saved his number, then the status will remain private, and he will not be able to see it. Your status will be shared with only those who have saved your number, and you also have saved their number.
No, This is not possible technically, but still, you can trick someone into knowing by which name someone has saved your phone number. Just ask him for a screenshot of your previous chat. Or if you have their mobile phone near you but don’t know the password, then simply call them and see what name pops up. And the last and alternative solution is to ask the person directly, by which name your number has been saved.
There are many contact numbers whom you don’t want to inform that you are watching their status but don’t know how to see it without informing them. Here are the basic steps you can follow:
Go to WhatsApp settings> account> privacy> and disable read receipts.
Now, after applying this, no one will know what you are doing. You can read messages without informing them and see their status too.
The only con is that you will not be able to see who has watched your status too.
Block Unknown Contact
We do not recommend sharing your personal information with any stranger. But still, if you are in a situation where you need to contact a stranger, then after your work, make sure to block him or her. As blocking will just stop that person from doing anything, seeing your status, sending or receiving messages. He will not be able to do anything.
Read our other article on How To See WhatsApp Hidden Profile Picture?