Instagram is a popular social media app known for its unique features. On Instagram, you can create reels, shoutouts, boomerangs, go live, and share aesthetic images and videos.
You can also wish happy birthdays to your best friend or better half through Instagram birthday stories. At this moment, you might be thinking how do I create mine on Instagram?
We will help you create the most amazing Instagram birthday stories in this guide.
Methods to Create Instagram Birthday Stories
Whether a birthday or a wedding anniversary, you can create aesthetic Instagram stories using several online ideas or templates. Pinterest can play a vital role in this aspect. You can look at hundreds of story ideas on Pinterest and try them yourself. Here we will see two methods to create Instagram birthday stories.
- Making Instagram birthday stories through IG story
- Making Instagram birthday stories through IG story shoutouts
1. Using IG Story for Making Stories
- Open your Instagram app and press the “+” button next to the “three bar” button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “Story” from the list of options.
- You can view your photo gallery here. At the beginning of the gallery, tap the “Camera” button.
- Once your camera is opened, look at the left side panel and press “Aa” (Text).
- You will see a colored background. You can change the color of your story background through the circle icon at your screen’s bottom right corner.
- To start designing your story, press the sticker icon at the top of your screen.
- You can take ideas from Pinterest to create exciting stories. Here, for instance, we used polaroid pictures. Type “Polaroid” in the sticker section and select some frames to fix your photos inside them.
- Now add pictures of your choice to the frames using an option from stickers. Add other birthday stickers.
- Mention your friend by using the “mention” option after selecting the “Aa” button from the top.
- Once you are done, press “Your story” or “Close friends” to share your IG story.
2. Using IG Story Shoutouts for Making Stories
Follow the procedure mentioned above to point 4, and then follow these steps to create a story through shoutouts.
- When you press “Aa,” you will be redirected to the text story page. To see shoutouts, swipe “Aa” to the left at the bottom of your screen.
- On the top center of the screen, you will see two dice. You can use them to change the caption. (happy birthday, thanks, or happy anniversary)
- Add stickers and photos of your choice from the sticker option.
- Mention your friend using the “@” option and share your Instagram birthday story.
FAQs on Instagram Birthday Stories
If you want to make a birthday story on Instagram, you need to create a new post and select “story.” Now choose pictures and videos to add to your story. You can also record new videos or take new photos. Finish your story with stickers and GIFs and post it to your account.
Access your Instagram app and tap the camera icon. Select the picture, video, boomerang, or anything you wish to add to your story. Now tap the sticker icon and select the stickers of your choice to add them to your story.
You can write something like “Happy birthday, hope you have a great day, I am thankful for everything you did for me. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, stay blessed, party hard”.
You can take ideas or templates for your Instagram birthday stories from different platforms such as Pinterest, Canva, Kapwing, Easil, Over, and others.
Enjoy Instagram Birthday Stories
If it’s your loved one born day and you want to make it special, you can create aesthetic and interesting Instagram birthday stories using ideas available on Pinterest. Just add pictures along with cute stickers and share them with your audience.
Our guide should have answered your most question and now you must be able to make your own Instagram Birthday Stories. Check out our other article on How to see Who Shared Your Instagram Story?