Have you ever wondered how to mute or Unmute your story on Instagram? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered!
Thanks to the latest Instagram features, you can mute or hide your stories from anyone on Instagram, and you can also stop seeing stories from accounts you follow without unfollowing them. This post will give you a step-by-step guide on how to mute or unmute your story on Instagram quickly.
How To Hide Your Story on Instagram?
Sometimes, You may want to post some excellent videos on your Instagram story, but you may not like to share them with certain people. This may make you wonder how to mute or hide your story from them. This may lead you to wonder how to mute or hide your story from them. Here’s how to hide your story from someone on Instagram
- Open Instagram and tap on the story.
- Select the “more” option and tap “Story settings.”
- Under Story settings, select “Hide story from.” A list of your followers will appear. You can choose the Account you want to hide your story from
Another way to Hide your story from anyone is through your profile.
- On your profile page, tap the three-lined icon at the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings” and tap “Privacy.”
- Under the Privacy section, tap “Story” and select “Hide story from,” then choose the user you wish to hide your stories from
To Unhide Your Story On Instagram
If you want to Unhide your story from people you’ve hidden it from, follow the steps explained above, then tap the blue tick icon next to the user to Unhide your story from them.
To Mute Someone’s Story on Instagram
To mute people’s stories on Instagram, tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of their story or post and tap “Mute.”
mute someone’s stories through your profile
- On your profile, tap “Following” to view the list of people you follow
- Scroll to the person you want to mute their stories and tap the three-dot icon in the right corner of the user, then tap “mute.”
- You can also select “Stories” to mute their stories or “Post” to mute their posts.
How To Unmute Someone’s Story On Instagram?
To Unmute a person’s story, go to your following list, scroll to the person you wish to Unmute their stories, tap the three-dot icon at the right corner and select “Mute” the tap “stories” them.
You can also Unmute a story from your feed. Tap on the muted story in grey color and tap “Unmute story.”
Now that you’ve learned how to mute or unmute your story on Instagram and how to mute or unmute someone’s stories. Read on to see similar questions from users, with answers that you may find helpful.
To pause any story on Instagram, simply long-press the story for as long as you want it paused.
To report a story, tap the three-dot icon, then select the “Report” option in the story. You can select your reasons for reporting the story.
To hide Instagram stories from the public, you can select “Private Account” under settings or hide your stories from people you follow.
When you mute someone’s story, they can still see yours if you do not hide it from them. Be assured that Instagram will not notify anyone when you mute them.
The previous Instagram version had a visible mute option on a user’s profile. Now you can find the mute option under the “Following” option in your profile.
Muting Instagram Stories
Muting stories is a great way to avoid seeing stories from people you’re not interested in on Instagram. We’ve shown you how to mute or unmute your story on Instagram and mute or unmute Someone’s Story, so you no longer have to worry about who sees your Instagram stories or stories you’re not interested in.
Please read our other article on How To Reverse Audio or the video on Instagram?