You typically connect your PS4 to your displays using an HDMI cable. Most monitors have an HDMI output, so this should not be a problem. However, HDMI ports tend to break due to constant usage. Is it possible to still play your PS4 even if the HDMI port breaks? Luckily, you can continue using your PS4 even if the HDMI port is unusable. In this article, we will discuss How to play PS4 with a broken HDMI port?
You can also learn Why Is My YouTube Not Working On Ps4?
Following are the methods on How to play PS4 with a broken HDMI port.
Use the PlayStation Remote Play app
- 1. Download the PS Remote Play app. On Mac and Windows, this can be found on PS4’s official website: https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html
Simply choose which version you need, depending on whether or not your using a Mac or a Windows laptop.
- 2. Turn on your PS4 by pressing the power button located on the front of the console. Make sure that it is in rest mode. Connect the console to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer that you will be using.
- 3. Launch the Remote Play app and sign in to the PSN account that is activated on your PS4. This can be done by clicking on “Settings” and then clicking on the “Sign In” button at the top. Type in your login credentials to verify that it is you.
- 4. Click on the “Start” button at the window’s bottom right. Once the PS$ and the computer are connected, your screen should show your PS4’s home screen.
- 5. Connect your Dualshock PS4 Controller to your computer. For Mac and Windows, use a USB cable to attach the controller to any open USB port on your device. PS Remote Play will automatically recognize your controller, allowing you to use it to play your favorite Playstation 4 games on your computer.
Note that certain games are designed to be played exclusively on the PS4, and thus they will receive a significant downgrade or just be unplayable all-in-all if attempted to play via PS Remote Play.
FAQs on Playing PS4 with broken HDMI port
A good and permanent solution to this problem is to replace the HDMI port. Sometimes, the ports can have pins that have been pushed back, rendering the port unusable.
Yes, you can still use your PS4 without an HDMI port by using an HDMI converter. This device translates the signal into some form that your television or monitor can recognize and display. HDMI converters come in many forms, so it is important to determine which one you need depending on your display.
You can connect the display to a receiver using any of the following: a composite video cable, an RCA audio cable, an RCA video cable, or even an HDMI converter that matches your TV’s input option.
Using its Remote Play feature, you can use any laptop as a monitor for your PS4. This is an app that can be downloaded from the PlayStation site. Once this has been downloaded, just go to the settings screen and choose “Remote Play connection settings. Activate the “Enable Remote Play” option. At the function screen and go to Settings. From there, find and select “Account Management.” Choose “Activate as your Primary PS4,” then select the “Activate” option.
Yes, you can play PS4 games on your laptop or PC. Just download the PlayStation Now app on the computer where you wish to play the game. Create a PSN account and set up a subscription. Once you have your game set up, connect your controller using a USB port.