Messaging on iPhones has gone past the traditional function of just sending and receiving text messages between friends and family. It has taken a whole cool level whereby you can send pictures, voice notes, facetime, and also play awesome games with your friends with your iPhone. With a wide range of games to choose from, the Sea Battle arcade game is one of the most played and enjoyed games on iMessage gaming.
The iMessage app allows you to do all these cool perks without deducting extra charges from your local service network provider. All you need is a stable internet or WiFi connection.
You can choose to play games with your friends and family while chatting on iMessage.
Another cool advantage of playing these iMessage games is that you don’t necessarily have to be active or online at the same time to have a great game!
If you’re unavailable while your opponent plays, you would receive a notification with the highlighted move. Then, you can choose to make your move at that moment or some other time. If you choose to play later, the game gets paused for you to play later on.
In this guide, we’ll discuss all you need to know about this cool game and how to play it on your iPhone.
Steps to Play Sea Battle on iPhone GamePigeon
Sea Battle isn’t a standalone game as it is under iMessage gaming. But if you don’t have this game previously installed into your collection of games, you can install the GamePigeon app to play the Sea Battle game.
GamePigeon is an app that collectively organizes the games available on iMessage. To install the GamePigeon app, follow the steps below.
1. Open the iMessage app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on any of the active conversation heads.
3. Next, tap on the grey App Store icon opposite the message box to open the App Store options.
4. Tap on the blue App Store icon at the App Bar section to separately open the iMessage Apple App Store.
5. Go to the search tab and enter the “GamePigeon” keyword.
6. Tap on the Search icon to run a search across the Apple app store database for “GamePigeon“.
7. Select the GamePigeon app by tapping on the “GET” icon to begin downloading.
If the GamePigeon has already been installed into your iMessage account, an “OPEN” icon would be displayed in place of the “GET” icon.
Play a Sea Battle Game with Friends on iPhone gamePigeon.
Now that you’ve installed the GamePigeon app to access the Sea Battle game, you might be wondering how the game works. That’s what we’ll be discussing in this section because I know you can’t wait to start playing with your friends!
So let’s get started.
1. Open the Message app on the home screen of your iPhone.
2. Select any active conversation head by tapping on the Compose icon to start.
3. Next, tap on the App Drawer at the top of your keyboard and select the GamePigeon icon. From here, you can select the Sea Battle game to start.
4. Select a game mode by tapping the GAME MODE section and selecting a preferred mode. This customizes the grid size and width of the game tile.
5. icon to include a message asking them to join you for a game.
6. For the invite to be accepted successfully, ensure the recipient has installed the GamePigeon app on his or her iPhone.
After they’ve received an invite, they can tap on the Sea Battle tile to join the game room.
7. Tap on the Start icon to begin the game.
important instructions to play the Sea Battle On iPhone gamePigeon.
- Do not place ships close to each other. This prevents the grids on the adjacent ships from turning red.
- After your opponent plays, tap on any grid of the game to play your move.
- Now, you have to guess the exact position of their ships to attack. If you’ve made your guess, tap on a grid on the game and tap on “Fire” to send a missile to crash your opponent’s ships.
- In case you guessed wrong, your opponent gets the next turn. But if you guessed right, smoke would rise from the grid you fired to.
This exposes the location of the ship and makes it easier to attack. You would be given multiple turns to destroy the entire ship. If you miss any, your opponent gets the next turn.
- After the entire ship has been destroyed, it becomes visible on your screen. All other empty grids would be indicated with a black dot.
- The player who destroys all the opponent’s ships would be the winner. While the player with the most destroyed ships is the loser of the game.
Sea Battle Character Customization and Game Settings
Like all other arcade games, players get the opportunity to customize and design their player avatars to their taste. And Sea Battle is no exception.
If you’d like to personalize your player avatar, follow the instructions below.
1. Tap on the Gear icon at the top right corner of the app.
2. This opens the Settings section. Here, an array of customization options are provided for you.
You can change the ship’s design, background color, and physical looks like skin tone, hair, face, clothes, and accessories.
These features are limited to the free version of the game, so if you want more customization options, you will have to upgrade your account to the premium version with a one-time payment of $6.
You can also change the colors of the hair, clothes, and accessories of your avatar by scrolling through the hue scale.
Also, you can choose to turn off the game sounds and music. Simply tap on the Music button beneath the customization settings. Tap on the toggle switch to turn on and off the Sound and Music effects.
Sea Battle is a strategy-based war simulation and building management game. Players are the captain of a set of ships, which is customizable in different ways.
You can choose to change the sails, figureheads, hulls, and masts, and it’s a lot more customizable.
In the Sea Battle game, players must successfully invade the seaport of their opponent while protecting their ports from being attacked.
The gameplay takes place in an island-dotted ocean, with one player’s sea port at the lower-left corner of the screen and the opponent’s sea port at the upper-right corner.
Here are some important tips for winning the Sea Battle game.
– Don’t place your ships close to each other.
– Place your ships asymmetrically. Arrange your ships in patterns.
– Place a ship on the edge of the board.
– Be unpredictable.
You get ten ships per game. The primary objective is to discover where all ten ships are located all over the grid.
Always place your ships on the edge of the board.
Your opponent may predict that your ships are in the middle of the grid so they tend to fire their missiles there.
Note that you shouldn’t put all your ships at the edge of the board unless the opponent would guess that all your ships are placed there, and you may end up losing the game.