Instagram posts are typically shown in the order they are published. However, there are situations when you might wish to rearrange the images or videos in a carousel post, story, or even on your profile. Now you may be wondering how to rearrange Instagram posts. We got your back.
Thankfully, there are some cases where Instagram allows you to reorganize images without completely erasing them, as you’ll see in this lesson.
You may also learn the trick of adding multiple videos to one Instagram story easily.
Rearrange Instagram posts by changing the order of photos while publishing.
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Now, tap the “Add” (+) icon at the bottom of the Instagram app.
- From the menu, choose “Post.” The post-creation screen will be instantly brought up for you.
- Select multiple by tapping the “select multiple.”
- Start tapping on the images or videos in the Carousel post sequence you wish them to show. When a photo is displayed in the incorrect location, tap it to deselect it and pick it up in the proper location.
- To modify the image or video and apply effects, use the “Next” button or the arrow button.
- The items can also be rearranged. Drag the thumbnail to the new location by touching and holding it.
- To edit the post’s caption and other details, click the “Next” button and finally post it in the order of your choice.
Rearrange Photos in a Carousel Post After Publishing
There is no easy method to directly alter the order of the images in an Instagram carousel post. After it has been published, a workaround will allow you to rearrange the carousel. You must use Instagram’s “Recently deleted” or trash folder.
- Open the carousel post to modify in the Instagram app.
- At the top, click the three-bar icon.
- From the menu, choose “Edit.” NEVER tap “Delete.”
- On each image in the carousel post, swipe up just a little to reveal the “Bin” symbol.
- By tapping the “Bin” button, you can delete all the pictures you want to rearrange.
- You can tap Trash to bring up a confirmation box. Select “Delete” from the menu. Remember that when doing this, you must keep at least two images in the carousel post.
- To save the settings, tap the “Done” button or tap the tick.
- Tap the three-dots icon on the Instagram profile screen.
- From the menu, choose “Your activity.”
- If “Your activity” isn’t listed, click “Settings > Account >Recently deleted.” (or search for it). All of your recently deleted videos and pictures can be seen by going to “Recently deleted.”
- Since each photo will be restored to the bottom of the carousel, restore the photos in the order in which you wish them to appear.
- To restore the first image, tap on it.
- Select “Restore” from the menu by pressing the three-dot icon on the image.
Other ways to rearrange the posts
- Pin Your Top 3 Posts
Another function on Instagram lets you pin up to three posts from anywhere on your profile to the top of your feed. No matter when they were posted, the three posts you’ve pinned will now be shown at the top of your feed.
Although you cannot rearrange your Instagram feed using this method, you can pin up to three considerable posts to the top of your page. This will guarantee these posts’ exposure up to the point at which they are deleted, and new pinned posts take their place.
- Delete Post And Reupload It
You might also think about removing the post entirely from your Instagram profile and uploading it again so that it shows up at the top of your page.
You might just delete a few posts and re-upload them in the desired sequence if you only want to make minor changes and don’t mind losing the comments and likes.
In contrast to archiving your posts, you cannot recover posts you have fully deleted from your Instagram profile. This implies that any remarks and likes you have gotten are gone and won’t be accessible in the future.
You can recreate the post and have it appear at the top of your Instagram profile after it has been erased.
A photo dump’s image arrangement can be changed to produce a completely different appearance. In November 2021, Instagram first made the option to customize a carousel of several photographs available. You can modify your photo album by deleting and re-adding images in addition to deleting photos from a photo dump.
On the app’s main screen (the house icon), look for a tiny down arrow next to the Instagram name to see if you can sort by date. If it’s there, everything is in good functioning order. Try refreshing your app if it isn’t.
What is meant by “Instagram chronological feed“? It denotes that the posts in your home feed are displayed in reverse chronological order. You might recall that in the past (years ago), your home feed used to display the most recent posts. You would notice someone’s posts at the top of your home feed if they were uploaded only a few seconds earlier.
Users can watch an Instagram carousel by swiping left on a post using the phone app. It is a post that includes multiple photos or videos. Desktop users can use the arrow button to the right of each post to view a carousel post. Imagine it as a manually controllable slideshow of postings.
The bottom line is you have many different ways to rearrange your posts. Now, how you choose to rearrange it is up to you. We have talked about the most common and the ones preferred by most users.
We would love to hear from you if you think we have missed something. If you are looking for more questions about other applications, check out the full blog section.
Hopefully, you will have your thorough answers. Enjoy your little experiments!