For the most part, Microsoft is a good company that cares about its customers. But sometimes, things happen, and you want to get your money back. Maybe you bought a game on sale, and it turns out it wasn’t for you after all. Or maybe your dog ate your receipt? Whatever the reason may be, this guide will show you how to get a refund from Microsoft in only four easy steps. Read this until the end to get the answer to your query: “How To Refund Dlc On Xbox?“
Steps To Refund DLC On Xbox
If you want to get a refund for DLC on Xbox, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Microsoft Store website.
- Search for “refunds” in the search bar and select “Show more results” if your first result isn’t related to refunds. If there are no results, try searching for “refund” instead of “refunds” or clearing your browser history/cache so it can look through again later when there’s more information available from other sources (e.g., Google).
- Click on ‘See all’ under ‘Refunds.’ You should see several pages with different types of purchases listed before reaching this point; scroll through until you find one that says the word ‘DLC’ among its categories (if none do). If someone else bought something without permission or without asking permission first (e.g., children or teenagers), then call them out on it right now so they won’t say anything later when asked why they didn’t ask permission initially instead! That way, everyone knows whose fault it was!
Obtain a digital code
The first step is to obtain a digital code. The best way to do this is by going to the Microsoft Store website and selecting your game of choice. Once you’ve purchased it, click on “View Product Code” in order to see what’s called a “digital code.” You’ll need this information later on when you go through the refund process.
Copy and paste the digital code into a word document so you can access it easily later in case anything goes wrong during this process.
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/refunds
- Select the title you want to refund (you can request multiple refunds).
- You can request multiple refunds at once. You can also request refunds for multiple titles. You’ll need to purchase, download, and play the game to qualify for a refund.
Submit the refund request and get your money back.
Once you’ve done that, fill in the details of why you are requesting the refund (e.g., “DLC was not as advertised“) and then submit it!
You can get a refund for any Xbox One game purchase. Microsoft’s digital store allows you to submit a refund request up to 14 days after purchasing a digital copy of an Xbox One game on the console or PC.
In order to submit your refund, visit account.microsoft.com and sign in using the Microsoft account associated with that purchase. Once logged in, click on “Purchase History” under Digital Marketplaces and select “Retract Purchase.” Microsoft will then give you the option to retract purchases made within the past 90 days if they are eligible (you may need to enter your password).
Final note On Refunding DLC On Xbox
So, hopefully, this article has helped you learn the basics of how to refund a purchase on Xbox One. It’s not as complicated as it sounds, but it is important that you follow all of these steps in order for your refund to go through smoothly.
Read another article on Is Poppy Playtime On Xbox?