Instagram group chats are a great way to communicate with many people simultaneously. Sometimes, however, the group admin may decide to remove a particular member because they are inactive or sharing irrelevant content. Read this article until the end to get the answer to your query: “How to Remove Someone From Instagram Group?“
As the “remove from the group” option is not visible on Instagram, this guide will explain how to remove someone from a group in a simple step-by-step fashion.
Using Mobile Phone To Remove Someone From Instagram Group
Here’s how you can remove someone from your Instagram group:
- Head to the Instagram app and press the messenger icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now open the group chat from which you want to remove someone.
- Now press the group name at the top of the screen.
- To remove someone from the group, click the three horizontal dots button next to their username.
- Tap on “remove user” to remove the user from the group.
Using Desktop To Remove someone from Instagram Group
Like mobile phones, users can remove anyone from the Instagram group through a PC/desktop.
Follow these steps to eliminate a member from group chat:
- Go to Instagram through a web browser on your PC. Click on the messenger icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Open the group chat you wish to eliminate someone from.
- Select the group name at the top of the screen.
- Choose the member you want to eliminate and click on three vertical dots.
- Select “remove from group” to delete that member.
FAQs On Removing someone from Instagram
If you want to remove a follower from your Instagram account, press your profile picture at the bottom right corner of your screen. Select “Followers” and then press “Remove” opposite to the follower you wish to delete.
Private account users of Instagram can remove anyone from the account, and Instagram won’t let the other person know. Instagram’s new feature lets users delete followers without sending them any notification.
Instagram doesn’t allow users to delete their followers at once. You can get rid of your followers by deleting or blocking them. You can also use a particular software specifically made to clean out the followers’ list.
If you delete a group chats on Instagram, you won’t get removed from it. If you want to leave a group chat, you will need to do it manually by going into group settings. Go to the group’s info and press “leave the group.”
You can do so by searching them on Instagram. If their profile appears with the option “follow,” it means the person has removed you from their account. You may have been blocked, or the account may have been deactivated if the profile does not appear.
You may also quickly learn Why Can’t You Fast Forward Instagram Videos?