The iPhone’s predictive text feature can anticipate your next three-word entry. The iPhone keypad has a nasty habit of “learning” misspelled words or inappropriate replacements for words. Autocorrect, shortcut keys, and resetting the iPhone’s keyboard all make it possible to change or remove the predictive text options. In this article, we will understand How To Remove Words From iPhone Predictive Text.
Unfortunately, no word can be deleted from the iPhone’s predictive text. But you can make the predictive text offer a specific recommendation in response to your input. A manual shortcut can be created if predictive text consistently suggests misspelled or irrelevant words. For this, you should input the misspelled word as a shortcut and the correct word as a phrase.
Guide To Remove Words From iPhone Predictive Text
In this article, we’ll highlight the different ways you can adopt to reset predictive text.
Method 1: How to reset Predictive Text with the iPhone’s Autocorrect Feature?
In order to edit a predictive text using the iPhone’s feature of autocorrect, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open any app like Notes or Messages that allows you to delete words and fix mistakes.
- Step 2: Type the word you want to correct, followed by a space. Under the misspelled word, a red line will emerge.
- Step 3: You can get the suggested correction by pressing the backspace key until the little black block appears.
- Step 4: To make a correction, tap the black block.
While the predictive text tool should eventually know the word you prefer, it may first suggest the misspelled version of the phrase.
Method 2: How to Edit iPhone Keyboard to Clear the Predictive Text?
You can perform a hard reset on your iPhone’s keyboard to completely clear predictive text, but this isn’t recommended unless the predictive text feature has been consistently malfunctioning. If you delete the words from your iPhone’s keyboard vocabulary, you’ll have to start from over, losing any personalized suggestions the device may have produced over time. Here’s how to clear the dictionary from your keyboard:
- Step 1: Open the iPhone’s Settings menu.
- Step 2: Go to Settings > General. You can reset or transfer your phone by going to Settings.
- Step 3: Select the Reset button.
- Step 4: Select the Reset Dictionary button to clear the current dictionary from the keyboard.
The predictive text feature on your keyboard may now be reset to its factory settings, giving you a fresh start and, presumably.
FAQs On Removing Remove Words From iPhone Predictive Text
The predictive text feature is enabled by default but can be disabled with a single click. When using an iPhone, access the Settings menu and then select General to disable predictive text. To disable the feature, go to Settings > Keyboard and then hit the toggle next to Predictive. You may also disable predictive text by touching and holding the emoji icon on the keyboard, selecting Keyboard Settings, and finally turning off Predictive.
If you turn off predictive text, you can easily enable it again. On an iPhone, go to the Settings menu and then select General to activate predictive text. Select Keyboard, and then activate (make green) the toggle for Predictive. Alternatively, you can turn on a predictive text by touching and holding the emoji icon on the keyboard, selecting Keyboard Settings, and finally activating Predictive.
Whether you choose to accept or dismiss a predictive text recommendation is up to you.
You have the option of doing one of the following when typing:
1. Tap the suggested word or emoji to accept it; tap and input a space or punctuation to accept the highlighted proposal.
2. A blank space follows the suggested word when you tap it. Punctuation marks (such as commas, periods, and so on) are treated as if they were spaces; thus, any extra spaces you may have entered will be removed.
3. By tapping on your original term, you can ignore the recommendations (shown as the predictive text option with quotation marks).
The aforementioned procedures should work for resetting your predictive text history on iOS. Performing a reset just deletes all of the predictive text data and clears the slate for a new session. Some keyboard programs even allow you to disable predictive text entirely.
By resetting the keyboard dictionary in the Settings app, you can remove all of your past typing from the iPhone keyboard. Before you permanently erase your keyboard history, make sure it’s really something you want to do. When you reset your iPhone to factory settings, including clearing your keyboard history, the dictionary will be in the same state as when you initially obtained your device.
To clear your iPhone’s keyboard history, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. Click the General menu.
3. Choose either “Transfer or Reset iPhone.”
4. Select the Reset button.
5. Select the Reset Dictionary button to clear the current dictionary from the keyboard.
6. Enter your password.
7. Select the “Reset Dictionary” option.
Read our other article, How To Text Yourself On iPhone , and get more information.