There are times when you want to change your device to a different one, and many apps accommodate this by letting users easily migrate data from one phone to another. WhatsApp, however, is an exception, as it doesn’t let you transfer data from Google Drive to your iPhone. Here, we’ll show you how you can get around this problem. If you’re wondering about How to Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive to iPhone. This article will guide you on How to Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive to iPhone without hassle.
Steps to Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive to iPhone
Backing Up Files
Before starting the restoration process, ensure that your data has been backed up to Google Drive. Here’s how to do so:
- Open WhatsApp on an Android device.
- Tap the vertical three-dot icon
- and choose Settings.
- Select Chat.
- Tap Chat backup.
- Finally, select Backup to Google Drive.
- Select a backup frequency, then the Google account you want to use.
- Select Backup Over and choose a network for the backup.
Using an Android Device
The only way you can restore your WhatsApp data from Google Drive to your iPhone is to use an Android phone as a middleman. You will also need your email address to finish the process. Let’s go through them one by one.
Restore Your Backup Using the Android Phone
Make sure you have backed up your data on Google Drive before you start the process. After that, follow these steps:
- Install the WhatsApp application on your Android.
- Open the program and verify your number.
- A prompt will appear asking you if you wish to restore the backup. Select Restore.
- The app will now begin restoring your data. Wait for it to finish.
- Tap Next.
- Your chat logs will have been restored first. Wait for the app to restore your media files afterward.
Now, your Google Drive data is safely in your Android phone. The next part is to utilize your email.
Transferring Files from Email to iPhone
Before you get to the email, go back to the WhatsApp app on your phone and follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android.
- Choose the chat log you want to move and tap Settings.
- Select More>Export Chat>Email.
- Tap and confirm if you want to include media in the transfer.
- Enter your email address.
- Open your email on your iPhone to get the chat log and accompanying media.
You will now have access to your chat logs and media in your email. Unfortunately, the app still doesn’t allow you to import this data directly into your iPhone WhatsApp. Still, you can access the data you need as a reference through your iPhone.
FAQs on restoring WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive to iPhone
Third-party apps may offer this solution, but you have to note that data security risks from using an insecure application may exist.
Yes, you can easily do so by logging into your iPhone and selecting Restore. Of course, you need to make sure your data is backed up on iCloud.
Using your Android, go to WhatsApp, select Settings>Chats>Chat Backup>Back up to Google Drive, and follow the succeeding steps.
Using your iPhone, go to WhatsApp and select Settings>Chats>Chat Backup> Back Up Now.
You may not be logged in to the correct account or using the same phone number, or your SD card/chat history may be corrupted. There’s also a chance you’re on mobile data and haven’t enabled using the app on your phone settings.
Conclusion on restoring WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive to iPhone
Although WhatsApp doesn’t offer any options to transfer data from Android to iPhone directly, users remain optimistic that demand will inspire developers to make this possible in the future. For now, we can only rely on this alternate method to access our data on the iPhone.
Read another article on How To Share Whatsapp Group Link Without Admin?