Every iOS user has a unique account specially for each user. This unique account helps to manage and synchronize payments, billings, and other relevant information across Apple services like the App Store, Music, iMessage, and iCloud. This account is an Apple ID. This article will explain how to review your Apple ID on IOS devices via your iPhone settings and the Apple ID website.
Sometimes, you may encounter an “Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store or iTunes” error after creating a new Apple ID. This error occurs when your Apple ID hasn’t been properly reviewed or has missing, incorrect, or expired payment and billing information.
You must update and review the personal details and information stored on your Apple ID before using it to access and subscribe to services on Apple App Store and iTunes.
You may also learn how to review wifi data usage on iPhone devices.
How to Review your Apple ID?
When you want to review your Apple ID, you’re most likely to have received the “Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store or iTunes” error. The pop-up gives you a direct option to review your Apple ID. But most times, the review option doesn’t redirect you to your Apple ID. It’s a bug that’s yet to be corrected by Apple.
If the review option doesn’t work after a single click, you can try tapping the option repeatedly to see if it comes through. If it doesn’t, you would have to review your Apple ID manually through your Settings app or the Apple ID website on your iPhone or computer.
Steps to Review your Apple ID on iOS Devices via Settings.
To easily access and review your Apple ID through the Settings app, use the steps below.
1. Open your iPhone or iPad and select the Settings app on the home screen.
2. At the top of the Settings page, tap on your name or Apple ID here.
3. Here, in the following section, you have four sections where your personal information is grouped and stored.
- Personal information
- Payments and shipping
- Password and Security.
4. Once you complete the above portion, Tap on the Payments and Shipping section.
5. Enter your Apple ID password to gain access to this page.
6. Once you’ve entered your password, review your card and payment details stored here. In case of an expiration of the payment methods, remove the card details and add a new one.
Steps to Review your Apple ID via the Apple ID Website.
If you can’t access your settings app at that moment, you can edit your ID details through the Apple ID website. To edit your ID details, follow the steps taken below.
1. Open your web browser and enter the Apple ID website address appleid.apple.com into the search bar.
2. Once you open the section, Sign in to your account by entering your username and password.
3. For extra security, you may receive a verification code through your email or phone number.
4. Enter the code into the provided text bar and tap Continue.
5. Go to the Account Information section to review your personal contact information. If you need to change anything, tap on the Edit icon to make changes.
6. Now, open the Payment and Shipping section to review and edit any information or payment methods stored here.
Sign in to Apple ID via iTunes.
Alternatively, you can sign into your account through the iTunes app. Although the steps taken are different, you can review your ID details and correct the occurring error message on Apple App Store.
1. Open the iTunes app on your iPhone.
2. Once open, Tap on Store.
3. Tap on Sign in. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
4. Tap on Review to update your billing and payment information.
5. Enter your payment methods and other billing information.
6. Tap on Continue to save your updated information. You can also change your card details and shipping addresses if the need arises.
Following the above methods, you must have learned how to review apple id on IOS devices easily within a few minutes.
1. Sign in at appleid.apple.com.
2. Go to Payment And Shipping Information and ensure that your payment information is stored there.
3. Next, open the iTunes app on your iOS device.
4. Tap on Store.
5. Login with your Apple ID.
This would solve the error. You can use these steps to resolve the error if it occurs on the Apple App Store.
A review of your Apple ID is requested when there are new Terms and Conditions for the payments and billing methods. Also, if you haven’t provided a payment method for an app subscription, you’d have to review and add a new payment method to access Apple services.
This error occurs when you’ve created a new Apple ID and you haven’t added a valid payment method in the Payments and Shipping section. After adding a valid payment method, try opening the app again and confirm if the error still occurs.
This prominent error occurs when you haven’t added a payment method and shipping address on your Apple ID. To get rid of it, go to the Payment and Shipping section on your iOS device to add valid details of your payment methods and shipping address.
To verify your email address or add a new email address, follow the steps below.
1. Sign in to the Apple ID website appleid.apple.com.
2. Choose Personal Information.
3. Select Reachable At.
4. Next, click on the Add icon.
5. Enter your new email address.
6. Apple would send a verification link or code to the new email address.
7. Type the verification code into the textbox and click on Continue.
And that’s it! Your Apple ID email address will be successfully verified.