TikTok is a leading platform for posting short videos. Every content creator is working to ensure they have the best videos that will leave their audience yearning for more. However, TikTok only allows posting vertical videos with a given aspect ratio. What if your video is horizontal? If so, that’s where you must rotate your videos to match the TikTok requirements. If you have no idea how to rotate TikTok videos, stick around as this guide covers two ways of rotating TikTok videos. You can also learn how to remove the red filter on TikTok easily.
Methods to Rotate a Video on TikTok
Having your video horizontal shouldn’t prevent you from using TikTok. Besides, rotating TikTok videos is easy, provided you know how, but if you don’t, that’s where this guide comes in. Here’s the deal; you can rotate your video before uploading it to TikTok or directly upload it to TikTok and convert it using TikTok’s rotate effect.
Let’s discuss both methods.
Method 1: Rotate Videos on TikTok App
When creating a TikTok video, you can either record a video using a camera or upload one from your gallery. The steps below for rotating TikTok video will work in both cases, using the built-in rotating editor.
steps To rotate a video on TikTok when posting.
- Open your phone’s home screen and click the TikTok app to open it. Note that the steps are the same for iOS and Android. Furthermore, use your credentials to log in to your TikTok account.
2. Once logged in, click the plus icon at the bottom of the screen. Note that you must have allowed TikTok permission to use your camera and access your files.
3. The next screen will be where you need to record or upload your video. Click the round button and record a video using the camera or select a video from your gallery by clicking the upload button.
4. Once you have your video, click the adjust clip button on the right side of your screen
5. On the next screen, your video will start playing
6. Locate and click the rotate button and click on it to get your rotation. In the image below, we’ve rotated the video to 180 degrees
7. Once your video is rotated as you wanted, click the save button
8. Finally, complete making your edits and proceed to post your TikTok video by clicking the Post button
With the few steps above, you’ve successfully rotated your TikTok video and posted it for your audience to enjoy watching.
Method 2. Rotating TikTok Video Then Uploading It
If you have a video on your local storage that is horizontal, you can choose first to rotate it and trim it to the needed aspect ratio by TikTok. Once all is done, proceed to upload the video and post it. Here, we will use a third-party tool, AnyMP4 Video Converter.
Follow the steps below.
- Start by downloading the video converter on your PC
2. Once downloaded, install the tool, and open it when installed. You should have a screen like the one below.
3. Click the plus on the screen to upload the video you wish to rotate
4. Once the video gets added, click the edit icon on the left. The icon on the left of the scissor’s icon.
5. Select the Rotate and crop option. Also, click the rotation angle you want, 90, 180, or 270 degrees.
6. You will note on the right side of the screen that the rotated video will get displayed. Also, change the aspect ratio to 4.5 or 9.16 as required by TikTok
7. Once everything is good, click the Ok button
8. Finally, click the Convert button to save your video to your PC.
You can locate the rotated video, send it to your phone, and upload it on your TikTok app. You will get the rotated version of the video, meaning you won’t have any problem uploading it.
Yes, you can. However, once you’ve uploaded the video, you need to rotate it and post the vertical version of it. Click the adjust clip effect and rotate your video. Once you have rotated it, save the changes by clicking the tick icon and proceed to finish posting your TikTok video.
Yes, you can. If you have a video that you want to upload on TikTok, you can edit it using third-party apps, rotate the video, and save the rotated copy. Then, open your TikTok app and instead of recording a video with your camera, click the upload button and upload the rotated video.
Yes, it’s possible. On TikTok, you can choose to upload pictures when uploading multiple clips and combine them with videos. In that case, TikTok will convert your uploaded photos into a slideshow that will act as a video clip to get played when your video loads.
Yes, you can. If you have a third-party tool for your PC, you can use it to rotate your TikTok video. Once you’ve edited the video, transfer it to your mobile phone. You can upload the rotated video and post it on your TikTok account.
To flip a TikTok video, you can use TikTok’s editing effect that lets you rotate the video before posting, use other tools to flip your video, and then upload a flipped video. We’ve covered the two ways in the article.
TikTok recommends using vertical videos, which can get frustrating when your video is horizontal. However, you can use TikTok’s rotate feature to adjust your clip to the desired angle. Besides, as described in this article, you can rotate your video using a third-party tool and upload the rotated video to your TikTok account.