Are you trying to download a voice note someone sent to your DM on Instagram? Unfortunately, Instagram has no feature that enables users to download voice messages. The bad news is that you can even search for the audio, and when your messages pile up, you must scroll through to access the voice note. We understand that it isn’t very pleasant, so we present various methods of downloading voice messages on Instagram today. Stay tuned to know How to Save Voice Message on Instagram?
Methods of Downloading Instagram Voice Messages
Recently, Instagram made it possible to send voice messages up to 1 minute long. This was good news as it enabled people to send a voice message where they needed to stress a point instead of messages. On the downside, Instagram doesn’t offer a way of saving the sent file to your local storage.
You can only play the file, and when you need to access the same audio in the future, you must scroll through your chat. Luckily, we have methods that can save the day. Take a look!
1. Downloading Voice Instagram Message Using Chrome Extension
Chrome offers an extension, Instagram Voice Downloader, which you can add to your browser and use to save Instagram voice messages to your local machine. With this method, you begin by adding the extension and accessing your Instagram from a browser. The extension then detects the voice message and offers a download button.
Follow the steps below.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer
- Search for the Instagram Voice Downloader extension
3. Once the search results appear, click the at the top
4. A new screen will appear. Click the Add to Chrome option on the right
5. The extension will start to download from the chrome web store and install automatically
6. Once installed, the extension icon will display on the window taskbar at the top
7. Next, click here to open the Instagram web page
8. Use your credentials to log in to your account
9. Navigate to your chats, specifically the one with the voice message
10. Once on the Chat page, refresh the browser
11. You will note the Download button will appear at the bottom of the voice message
12. Click on the button to save the file. A new tab will open with the voice message
13. Click the three dots on the right
On the menu that appears, click the Download option
Bingo! Your file will download to your download folder. You can then access it from there and save it as you wish. Alternatively, you can double-click on the file to open it with your music player.
2. Downloading Instagram Voice Message Via Browser for PC
It’s possible to save all audio files on your Instagram account by accessing them using a browser. Here, the trick is to use the developer options of the website and inspect the page to save the audio file. Are you confused? Follow the steps below.
- Open your browser on your PC and log in to your Instagram account.
2. Click the chat option at the top right of your screen.
3. Open the chat containing a voice message.
4. Right-click on the window and click the Inspect option.
5. Click the Network tab.
6. Locate the voice message on your chat section and play the audio.
7. Still, on the network tab, click the media button.
8. Under the Name section, right-click the clip and open in new tab.
9. Your voice message will be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
3. Downloading Instagram Voice Message on iPhone
The good news with iPhone is that you can utilize its in-built screen recorder app to download Instagram voice messages. Once the video is saved to your gallery, you can convert it to mp3 to get your audio.
Follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone, open the Instagram app and navigate to the voice message
- Before playing the audio play, swipe down your screen and tap on the record button to start screen recording
3. Go back to Instagram and play your voice message.
Once done, stop the screen recorder.
You can access the saved video on your gallery.
For Android users, your best shot at saving an Instagram voice message is using the two methods of accessing your Instagram account via a browser. Still, third-party tools allow you to record your phone’s screen and use them, provided you get a reliable one. Better, you can use another phone to record the audio playing on Instagram and send it to yourself as an audio file.
Frequently Asked Questions on Instagram Voice Message
Yes, you can. However, Instagram offers no feature of saving the voice message to your local storage. Nonetheless, you can use a screen recorder or other tools to save the voice message for future reference. Try any of the methods discussed in the article. If using Android, consider using the PC options to save your audio file.
iPhone comes with a screen recorder feature able to record audio and video. So, you can open your Instagram account and the chat containing the voice message. Next, turn on the screen recorder and play the file. Once completed, turn off the recorder. The video with the voice message will get saved to your gallery.
Instagram allows voice messages about 1 minute long. Feel free to try sending audio and check how long each message can be.
The receiver will see the voice message you sent and can play it to get your message. However, the receiver has no means of saving the file to local storage.
No, they don’t. Instagram voice messages can only disappear when the receiver deletes them or the entire chat.
Save your Important Voice Messages
Did you learn How to Save Voice Message on Instagram? This guide covered the various ways of saving voice messages on Instagram. Any discussed methods should help you in your case, whether using Android, iPhone, or PC.
Read another article on How To Send Voice Messages From An iPhone To An Android?