WhatsApp recently updated its platform and now no longer has the save button we can use to download and save any profile photo. So, what can you do if you want to copy the profile photos of the users on your friend list? Below are a few simple methods you can follow to save your WhatsApp profile picture.
You may also learn how to see DP on WhatsApp if blocked.
Stepwise guide To Save WhatsApp Profile Picture.
Steps To Take a Screenshot on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch Whatsapp on your iOS or Android device.
- Find the individual chat for the person whose profile picture you wish to save.
- Tap on the individual’s profile picture. A pop-up menu with the picture will appear.
- Tap on the picture again, and the menu buttons will disappear, leaving the profile picture on its own.
- Save the picture by taking a screenshot while viewing the profile photo on full screen. You can either press the power + volume down buttons or the power+home buttons, depending on the model of your Android device. You can also do this on an iPhone by pressing the volume up+side button.
- Once you take the screenshot, tap on the thumbnail of the screenshot. This will appear on the lower left part of the screen.
- Choose the Photo editing app you have on your device you wish to use to edit the screenshot.
- Crop the image, erasing the portions of the screenshot you want to get rid of.
- Save the cropped profile picture wherever you wish to keep it.
Steps To Save the image on your PC or laptop.
- On any browser, open WhatsApp Web. Follow this link: web.whatsapp.com
- Link your computer to your WhatsApp account on your phone by opening WhatsApp on your phone.
- Go to the menu by tapping on the three vertical dots at the top right side of the screen.
- Select Linked Devices from the list.
- Point your phone to your computer screen to capture the code shown on the browser.
- Once you’ve logged into the web version of the app, click on the picture of the contact whose profile picture you wish to save.
- Click on the profile picture found at the top header to open the contact info. This will load on the right sidebar.
- Click on the profile picture one more time to open it on full screen.
- Right-click on the image. Select “Save image as” from the pop-up menu.
- Save the image on your device.
No, you do not get notified by WhatsApp when any user takes a screenshot of your status or story. Nor will you be informed if your display photo has been copied or saved.
For some reason, WhatApp disabled the feature that allows you to save a user’s profile picture. If you are trying to save a copy using the steps above and you’re still unable to do so, then one reason could be that your phone’s storage is already full, so you can’t save new pictures.
There is currently no way to prevent other users from getting a screenshot of your DP or displaying a photo on WhatsApp. What you can do, though, is to use a privacy filter o your picture. This will pixelate or blur the image, so your face is not as clear in the picture.
To see all of your past profile pictures, go to your WhatsApp feed. Tap on your current profile picture found at the top right of your screen. Scroll down and look for “Photos”. Tap on that then tap the “Album” options. Choose Profile Pictures. You’ll see all the photos that you used as your DP.
Only those who belong to your WhatsApp contact list can access your profile pictures.