TikTok is a fun platform for creating funny videos and participating in the daily challenges posed by other content creators. You can create a video, edit it and choose to post it. However, do you know that it’s possible to save your TikTok video without posting it? Yes, it’s possible, and if you keep reading this article, you will understand how that’s possible. Let’s get started.
Step-By-Step Guide to Save TikTok Videos Before Posting
When in the middle of creating your TikTok video, you may feel you need someone’s opinion before posting the video. In that case, you can save the video before posting and hopefully post it later.
To save a TikTok video before posting it, follow the steps below:
- Open your TikTok app on your phone. Here, you can open your app on Android or iPhone. It should be located on your home screen. Click on it to open.
2. Once opened, log in to your account.
3. Click the plus icon at your screen’s bottom. Clicking the icon should take you to the new post section, where you can upload or record your camera to take a video.
4. Either click the big video button to start recording your TikTok video or click the upload button and browse for the video that you want to use for your TikTok post
5. Add edits to your video using the various editing options on the screen, including adding music.
6. Once you have your video all set and edited, click Next on the bottom right side of your screen
7. The following screen will be the posting section for your video. The trick to saving a TikTok video without saving it is to set the video to be visible to only yourself. Therefore, under the “who can view my video,” select the “Private” option.
8. Once that is in place, you can click the post button to post the created video. Don’t panic; only you can access the video you’ve made.
9. With your video posted successfully, go back to your TikTok profile page by clicking your profile icon at the bottom of your screen.
10. Under your profile, locate the video you recently created in the above steps. Open it by clicking on it.
11. Once you open the video, you will see various options. Click the three dots to view the different sharing options
12. From the options, click the “Save” option. That way, your video will get saved on your local gallery
Frequently Asked Questions on TikTok Videos
Yes, it’s possible. The trick involves creating a TikTok video and setting the privacy option to private. That way, everyone else can’t see the video you’ve made except yourself. Once you’ve done that, you can access the private video from your profile and share it and instead of sharing it with someone else, click the “save” button to save the file to your gallery.
TikTok offers various privacy settings for your videos. One of them is the private option. If you set your video’s privacy to private, only you can access and view the video you posted. The privacy options offered by TikTok help content creators get control over their videos.
TikTok allows you to view and save other people’s videos. To do so:
1. Open your TikTok app and locate the video you want to save..
2. Click the “share” button that’s below the comments on the video.
3. Click the “Save Video” or “Download” option from the various share options on some devices.
Once done, the video will get saved to your gallery.
Yes, you can. You only need to get the URL of the TikTok video you want to download. Once you have the URL, look for online tools that download TikTok videos and paste your link. You can then download the video.
Yes, you can. Earlier, you couldn’t view how your video would look until you posted it. However, when creating your TikTok video, you can play it to see its preview.
Enjoy TikTok Videos Without Posting
As a content creator, you may find yourself in a situation where you must save the video you created for various reasons. If so, this article got your back. We’ve discussed the steps to follow to save a TikTok video without posting, and your only option is to share the video privately. Once you access it, you can save it to your gallery. Try it out and see how it works.
Read another article on How to Rotate a Video on TikTok?