WhatsApp is one of the most innovative and interactive messaging apps out there, but it’s also known to be very private. If you want to see blocked messages on WhatsApp, this article will tell you precisely what you need to do: How To See Blocked Messages On WhatsApp?
Using a phone App to See Blocked Messages
The steps are elucidated below:
- Step 1: Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click on the top left at three lines in the top left corner to open up the Settings menu, then tap Account.
- Step 2: Go to Archived Chats
- Step 3: Scroll to the blocked contact conversation.
Scroll down until you see the blocked contact.
- Step 4: Tap on the chat
Tap on the conversation with this person with that you want to view old messages, and they will appear in the green text along with their timestamps and other details such as what media was sent at that time (photos or videos).
- Step 5: Check your conversation
If someone has blocked someone, you can see the messages that they sent to you and the messages that you sent to them.
Unblocking Messages Via WhatsApp web
Follow the easy steps given below:
- Step 1: Launch Chrome and type in WhatsApp web.
Go to your phone WhatsApp application to access your account.
- Step 2: Go to Archived Chats
To see the messages, you need to go to the archived chats. You will find it in the top right corner of your screen; tap on it and choose ‘Archived chats.
- Step 3: Scroll to the discussion with the blocked contact.
Now scroll down to find your blocked contact, tap on their name, and you can see all their messages. You can’t send them any messages if you have still blocked them.
- Step 4: See your conversation
You can then see your conversation by tapping on the chat. There you will be able to see all the messages you sent and received, as well as the date and time of each one. You can also see who it was that sent or received each message.
However, you will not be able to send them a message, nor can you see any notes they send to you unless you unblock them. When you type a message, you will be given an option to unblock them first.
You can also see their profile picture and name. However, there is no information about the last seen time because WhatsApp does not show this information for blocked contacts.
Other methods to unblock messages
Execute this method using the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open your WhatsApp
If you have blocked a contact, you can unblock them by following these steps:
Open your WhatsApp app
- Step 2: Tap the three dots on your right
- Step 3: Choose Settings
- Step 4: Tap Account
- Step 5: Tap Privacy
- Step 6: Scroll down until you reach Blocked Contacts, then tap it to enter the blocked contacts list of your WhatsApp account.
- Step 7: Select the contact you want to unblock from the list of blocked contacts displayed in front of you.
- Step 8: Tap on it. It will give you the option to unblock.
- Step 9: Now go to your contacts and launch a chat with them, and if they didn’t block you, you would see the blue ticks.
Read another article on How to Find Nearby WhatsApp Users.