Instagram has been gaining popularity in the last couple of years. Most of us use Instagram regularly. And in these years, we might have liked some posts or commented on hundreds of Instagram posts. Do you know how to see comments you made on Instagram?
You might even be curious about what comments you made when you were younger. Sometimes you remember an embarrassing comment you made and want to delete it but don’t remember where you commented.
Don’t worry. In this article, we will cover if it is possible to view all your Instagram comments and how you can view them. You can also learn how to view contacts on Instagram.
View all your Instagram Comments
If you have been wondering if it is possible to view all your Instagram comments in one place, you definitely have come to the right place. Yes, viewing all your Instagram comments from the app is possible. So, there are not one but two methods from which you can easily view all your comments on your Instagram.
Let’s head into the two methods from which you can see all your Instagram comments.
See Comments You Made on Instagram From “Your Activity.”
You can easily read and remove all your past comments from ‘Your Activity.’ It is convenient and the standard method people use to see their comments, liked posts, and even the story replies.
Here is how you can view all your comments from ‘Your Activity.’
- Open your Instagram and Go to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines and Select Your Activity.
- Tap on Interactions and Go to Comments.
- There you will see all the comments you have made.
- You can sort and filter by oldest or newest comments, and you can even set start and end dates.
- You can then read all your comments, and If you want to delete single or multiple comments, tap on Select, choose the comments you like to delete and Tap on Delete.
View Your Comments By Downloading Instagram Data
Another way from which you can view your Instagram comments is by downloading all your Instagram data. This method is slightly longer and is not as convenient as viewing all your comments from ‘Your Activity.’
You can download all your Instagram data, including the comments, messages, settings, and many more. Since all the data is inside a file, you may not be able to filter and sort the comments like the previous method.
So, let’s head into how you can read all your comments by downloading your Instagram data.
- Open the Instagram web and navigate to your profile.
- Go to settings and click on Privacy and Security.
- Under Data Download, you can see the ‘Request Data’ option click on it.
- Now type in your email address and select the format to receive the deleted messages.
- Within some time(up to 14 days), Instagram will send you an email.
- Open the email and click on ‘Download data.’
- You can download a .zip file with all your data, including comments.
- You can either view the comments on PC. If you want to view it on an Android phone, download any app to unzip the downloaded files, and then download Json Genie or any other JSON file reader to view the chat data of your Instagram.
Sometimes, you cannot write or see your comment on Instagram. It is mainly because your comment might have violated Instagram’s terms of service. Instagram might also hide your comment when it seems to be commented by a bot. Your comments are also hidden when the user restricts you.
You can hide offensive words and comments on Instagram. When the comments have common offensive words, Instagram might hide them automatically. The setting is turned on by default, but you can turn it off anytime. You can even filter out comments with certain offensive words and phrases you don’t like. You can turn on the filtering through settings.
No, Instagram doesn’t let anyone that you have restricted them. They will still be able to message you, comment on your post, and view your profile normally. Although they can comment on your post and message you, Instagram will hide the comment and the messages. It will help you prevent any unwanted people from commenting on your profile or messaging you, except they won’t be able to tell that they have been restricted.
You can turn off your Instagram comments to prevent people from commenting on your posts. Turning it off will not only prevent people from commenting, but it will also hide the old comments on the post.
To turn off commenting, tap the three dots on top of your post and Select Turn Off Commenting.
Yes, you can hide and delete someone’s comment without letting them know.
If some comment is bothering you on your profile, you can delete the comment without the person knowing. To delete the comment, tap on the comment and select Restrict user. Now, Tap on ‘Restrict Account’ and then Select Delete Comment.
Not every time we are proud of our comments from the past, some of them might even be embarrassing, and we want to delete them.
If you want to view all your Instagram comments or delete them, you can view them from ‘Your Activity.’ Another method you can check out all your comments is by downloading the Instagram data.
We hope now you will be able to look through all your Instagram comments with ease. If you have any other queries, let us know in the comments below!