While the iPhone’s browser’s search history can be useful for quickly returning to a previously visited site, reading through the entire list can be a pain. This article will guide you on How To See History On iPhone?
There is a search feature that will allow you to revisit websites you may have viewed in the past without having to remember the exact date. Both Safari and Chrome have support for this function.
Methods To See iPhone Browser’s History
Follow the below-mentioned methods to search your iPhone’s browser history appropriately.
Method 1: To See History On iPhone
The following steps will help you find the search history on Safari
- Step 1: Open Safari from your app drawer.
- Step 2: Select the book at the bottom of your screen. In the list of icons, it comes in at number 2. With this, you may view your previous web searches.
- Step 3: By bringing down this History submenu, you’ll see a search bar labeled “Search History” and a magnifying glass to its left.
- Step 4: When the search box appears, tap it to display the keyboard and enter your query. The exactness of the query is not necessary to produce results.
- Step 5: Your desired outcome should materialize. Click it to go straight back to the page you were on before.
Method 2: To See History On iPhone
The steps mentioned below will help you retrieve the search history from Google Chrome on your iPhone.
- Step 1: Go to the Chrome web browser.
- Step 2: Select the menu from the menu bar by tapping the three dots in the upper right corner. A list of customization choices will appear.
- Step 3: The blue list of objects should be scrolled to the very end, where “History” should be tapped. The icon is shaped like a clock with an arrow wrapping around the outside and pointing anti-clockwise.
- Step 4: A virtual keyboard will appear when you hit the search bar at the top of the refreshed History page.
- Step 5: Enter your query into the search box.
- Step 6: Select the URL of the desired web page.
FAQs On Seeing iPhone Browser History
Your iPhone keeps track of browser information, including your history, cache, and cookies. Data storage allows for speedier load times, automated forum posting, targeted advertising, and access to past search history, among other benefits.
The deleted history files remain on your device and can be retrieved by anyone using one of the many free file recovery applications that can be found on the internet.
To permanently delete all data and settings from your iPhone, follow the steps mentioned below.
Select “Erase All Content and Settings” from the main menu.
Select “Restore from iCloud Backup” in the “Apps & Data” section of the setup wizard.
Log into iCloud and restore from a backup that includes your previously erased Safari history.
Apple’s cross-device browser synchronization capability appears to have led iCloud to discreetly keep browsing data for a substantially longer amount of time period ranging from several months to over a year, despite the expectations of iPhone and iPad users who clean Safari browser history.
To find the deleted history on Safari, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
Open Finder, and navigate to the address mentioned below to access Safari’s library.
You can access previous events by scrolling and clicking.
A Time Machine option will appear in the menu; choose it and then click Enter Time Machine.
Select History from Time Machine’s menu.
Use the computer’s Restore function, and you will get access to the deleted history.
Read another article on How To Delete Purchase History On iPhone?