Did you know Instagram allows you to see your comment history? If there is a comment you made and wish to delete it, the good news is that you can do it from the comfort of your mobile device. Instagram understands that sometimes users may wish to remove a comment they made when it was unnecessary, which is why they allow you to see all your comments in the past. We have given methods: “How To See What I Commented on Instagram?“
If you are looking for the simplest ways of seeing your comments on Instagram, read this guide.
Two Simple Ways to See What You Commented on Instagram
Check out what you have commented on Instagram using the following two methods.
1. See Instagram Comments Through Your Activity
Instagram has a Your Activity feature that users can use to see what they commented on Instagram.
- Open Instagram and tap on your profile icon at the bottom.
- Navigate to the menu by tapping the three lines on the screen.
- Select Your Activity option.
- Find the interactions option and select it.
- Tap on the side arrow on Interactions, then click on Comments.
- All your comments on Instagram will appear on the Comments page, starting from the latest comments on the top.
- To delete many comments, tap on Select, choose all the comments you wish to delete, and tap on the delete icon.
2. Check Liked Posts to See What You Commented on Instagram
When you like a post on Instagram, the social media platform automatically saves and lists the data. Thus, if you commented on a post that you liked, you can check the comments as shown below:
- Click on the menu icon after opening your Instagram account.
- Click on the Your Activity section.
- Select the Interactions option.
- Tap on likes.
- All the posts you have liked will be listed, and you can select the one you might have commented on.
FAQs On Instagram Comments
Yes. Instagram keeps various information such as your messages, liked posts, archived posts, and comments, among other information. If you want to see what you have commented on Instagram in the past, you can go to the liked posts and check from there or download your Instagram data and go to the comments.
Sometimes, you may find yourself bored and make stupid comments that you regret later. If there is a comment you made on Instagram and you want to delete it, you can open your Instagram account and go to the settings by tapping on the icon for your profile picture. Go to the Activity section, find the Comments option, and tap on it. Click on the Select option, and next to the Comments, hit the delete button.
If you have tried checking the comments you made on Instagram and realized you could not access them; a few reasons may be contributing to the issue. The obvious cause of the issue is being connected to a weak internet. If the internet is not strong and keeps breaking while on Instagram, you may not access other data on the platform as expected.
Users have experienced situations where they commented, but when they search for it later, they find it missing. Some of the reasons why your comment may have disappeared are that you blocked that person on Instagram. Once you block a person, the likes, comments, and other data will be removed from Instagram.
Instagram keeps much information about its users on the public but not hidden comments. If you want to see hidden comments made by someone else, that is not possible. Instagram allows the person that commented to see their hidden comments. In rare cases, you can click on the bottom of the comments section and choose to view the hidden comments.
Instagram is an excellent platform for connecting with new friends. The platform allows users to post, send direct messages, and engage with friends through comments. If you made a comment and later want to access it to delete it or for any other purpose, this guide has explained how to achieve that.
Also, get information on How To Turn Off Read Receipts On Instagram?