There are a lot of reasons why you may want to know when someone created their Instagram account: Maybe you’re excited about a celebrity and you want to know every detail about their social media life, including when they created their Instagram account, or you do some investigative jobs that require you to know when someone joined Instagram. In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to see when someone joins Instagram. You’ll also learn how to see the exact date you created your Instagram account.
Steps To See When Someone Joined Instagram
Wondering how to see when someone joined Instagram? We’ll show you how to see when someone joined Instagram using your smartphone.
How To View When An Instagram Account was Created Using A Smartphone?
Currently, Instagram does have a feature that allows you to view when an Instagram account is created. However, this feature is not available for all accounts. You can see when someone joins Instagram if they are verified or if they have a certain number of followers. But, for unverified accounts or accounts with smaller followers, this feature is not available. Follow the steps below to see when an Instagram account was created.
- On your iPhone or Android smartphone, launch the Instagram application. Open the profile of the account you want to check and tap the three-dot icon at the top-right corner.
- A menu should appear. Tap the ‘About This Account’ option.
- You will see the ‘Date Joined’ entry, among other details, under Account Information.
Note: This method does not work on Instagram Web. It only works on the app.
Check The User’s First Post
If you want to know how to see when someone joined Instagram if the ‘About This Account’ section is not available for their account, you can check through their page to see the date of their first post on Instagram. This method may work if they haven’t deleted their older posts, and even if they didn’t delete any posts, this method is rather speculative as the user can make their first post a long while after creating their account.
How To See When Your Instagram Account Was Created?
If you use an old Instagram Account, you may likely forget the exact date you created your Instagram account. Luckily, you can see this information on Instagram whether you use your smartphone or a PC. But, to see when you joined Instagram, you’ll have to use a web browser as the creation date is no longer included in the app. Follow the steps below to see when your Instagram account was created.
- On your smartphone, open your browser and visit Instagram.com and sign in to your account.
- Tap on your profile photo at the bottom-right corner.
- Next, tap the Tools icon at the top-left corner
- Under Account, select ‘Privacy and security
- on the next page, tap ‘Request Download’ under Data Download
- Hit ‘Next’ on the next page to receive all your account information, including the exact date you created your Instagram account via email
- Once you receive the email, download the data, then navigate to’ login_and_account_creation.’ Open the file to see the exact date and time your Instagram account was created
If you use Instagram on a Laptop or PC, follow the steps below to see when you created your account.
- Visit Instagram.com on your browser and log into your account.
- Click on your profile photo and select ‘Profile’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Tools icon, then select ‘Privacy & Security.
- On the next page, click on ‘Request Download’ under Data Download.
- Next, choose your preferred file format, then click ‘Next.’ Input your Instagram account password, then click ‘Request Download.
- You will receive an email with a link where you can download your information
- After downloading the file, find the file ‘login_and_account_creation.’
- open the file to see the exact date and time your Instagram account was created
FAQs On Instagram
Now that you’ve learned how to see when someone joined Instagram, read on to see similar questions asked by users about Instagram.
Instagram does not have an in-built feature to see who visits your profile. Currently, you can not see who visits any user’s profile on Instagram.
6th October 2010 was the exact date Instagram was officially launched.
You can find out who is stalking you on Instagram by simply checking the people who view your posts or stories. Check if a particular user consistently views all your posts or Instagram stories.
Instagram ranks the top three followers based on accounts that engage with your profile and view your stories the most.
There is no official way to know when someone views your Instagram profile. But, you can get a hint if someone views your profile by checking the users who like, comment, and engage with your posts.
Read our other post on How To Get Photobooth On Instagram In 3 Easy Steps?