WhatsApp is one of the popular messaging platforms available. Users can connect with their friends and family online with multiple simple helpful platform features. It also allows users to send media files and other documents through the app to a certain limit. WhatsApp does not let users send large videos and file through the app. Many of us also might have been wondering if it is possible to send 5 min video on WhatsApp. In this article, let’s head to how you can do that.
Share Large Video Files on WhatsApp
People often try to send large videos on Whatsapp, but due to its size limit, the video is cut off. It also damages the video quality while sending it through WhatsApp. Sending an existing video size limit is 16MB, around 90 secs to 3 minutes of video. If you try to send a larger video, you will get an option to trim the video. WhatsApp also has a size limit of 100MB on documents.
Let’s head further to different ways to send 5min videos on Whatsapp.
Send your 5 min On WhatsApp via Google Drive
One of the popular ways to send files to another person is through Google Drive. You can send larger files depending on your storage on Google Drive, store the videos in Drive in any format and send them to different people through a shareable link. You can use the same link if you don’t change the file location in Google Drive.
- Upload the video to Google Drive
- Tap the three-dots icon on the top right corner and Tap on Share.
3. Add people you wish to share the file with, or Tap on the bottom on Manage access.
4. Change the General Access to Anyone with a link can View the file.
5. Go back and tap on the three-dots icon and select the copy link.
6. You can send the link to anyone you want to send the video to.
send 5 min Video on WhatsApp Using We Transfer
WeTransfer is another way to transfer large files to another person. The website is accessible to everyone, and you can share files of any format and size up to 2GB on the free version and up to 20GB on the paid version. Unlike Google Drive, WeTransfer won’t store your file for a long time, and you can use the shareable link for only a specific period.Open the WeTransfer website and Click on Upload Files.
2. Select the File you want to send on WhatsApp and click on Open.
3. After you add the videos, Tap on the “Get a Link” button, and you will be given a link.
4. Send the link to the person you want to send the video to.
5. They will be able to download the video through the WeTransfer link.
send large Video files Using Video Compressor
Many people use a video compressor to compress large videos into smaller sizes and send them through WhatsApp. You can send 5 min ar large video on WhatsApp using this process. A video compressor works perfectly to compress your video and send it via WhatsApp. But while compressing the video, you will lose the original quality, and aggressive shrinking of the size can also lead to data loss in audio, color correction, or other details. You might also face some compressing errors, which can even corrupt the file.
- Download the Video Compressor Panda app from Playstore.
- Open the Video Compressor App and Select the video from the library you want to compress.
- On the next page, select the compression size as a small file. You will get an option to choose from four different compression sizes: Small File, Medium file, large file, and Fit to email.
- Tap on Compress and wait for the file to get compressed.
- Share the compressed video to share Large Video Files.
Using WhatsApp Video Optimizer(WhatsApp Web)
You can also optimize the video according to the limit of WhatsApp. With the compressor app, it won’t precisely compress the video for WhatApp file size limitations. Still, with WhatsApp Video optimizer, you can optimize the video precisely according to the WhatsApp limit. This method can be a good alternative if you are familiar with different file formats and know about compatibility issues.
- Download the WhatsApp Video Optimizer App on your computer.
2. Open the App and Select the Video you wish to send.
3. Change the conversion option and the settings to the desired format and convert.
4. Now, After converting the video, Open Whatsapp and open the chat of the person you want to send the video to.
5. You can now send the high-quality video, but the video will be optimized to a smaller size, according to WhatsApp.
Yes, there is a file size limit on Telegram. But unlike the 100MB limit on WhatsApp, Telegram lets users upload files up to 2GB and offers unlimited storage of the files on the Telegram cloud without any extra fee. Telegram Premium users will be able to send files on the app up to 4GB.
Like WhatsApp, you cannot send a large video directly through email. While sending a file through Gmail, if the file is greater than 25MB, it automatically adds a Google Drive link to the email instead of adding the video as an attachment. The recipient receives the video and can view it through the Google Drive link.
Yes, you can view photos and videos on WhatsApp without downloading them. Initially, you could only watch a video once you downloaded it, but now you can watch it on WhatsApp without waiting for it to be downloaded. You can watch the videos while it is downloading. But if you have turned on auto-download, the video will be automatically downloaded after you have received it.
Like the video, WhatsApp has a limit of 100MB on files you can send on the platform. WhatsApp does not allow you to send files over 100MB, but you will still be able to use third-party ways to send them to the other person. You can use Google Drive or WeTransfer to transfer the files to the other person through a downloadable link.
When sending any video on WhatsApp, they compress your video, which helps to save time and bandwidth to upload the video on their server while being downloaded by the receiver. Most messaging platforms compress the photos and videos to prioritize speed over quality. You can even change how you want the video to be changed on WhatsApp itself.