Do you have an important appointment at a future date that you want to be reminded of? You can do that by setting the alarm on your iPhone. You can do that using the Clock app or the Calendar app on your phone. It would depend on how far off the event is from when you set the alarm. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Set Alarm For Future Date On iPhone.
If you’ve been wondering- How To Set Alarm For Future Date On your iPhone? Then this post is for you.
Read on to see easy steps on How To Set Alarm For Future Date On iPhone.
Set the Alarm using the Clock App
The Clock app is quite limited; you can only set up an alarm on it 24 hours in advance. If you want your phone to alert you at 8 am tomorrow, you’d need to wait for 8 am today at the earliest to set it.
- Launch the Clock app.
- Add an alarm by tapping the “+” button. You’ll find it at the top corner of your phone’s screen.
- Choose the time.
- Tap on the “Save” option to complete the process.
Set the Alarm for a Specific Day Using Your iPhone
The clock app’s alarm feature is limited and will not be able to help if the date is beyond a day or two. To set a phone alarm for a particular date on your iPhone, you will need to use the Calendar app.
- Launch the Calendar app on your iPhone. You can also do this on your iPad.
- Look for the date when you want the alarm to go off. Find the “+” button. This should be at the top right part of the screen.
- Key in the title as well as the start and end time of the event.
- Go to the “Alert.”
Choose when the alarm should go off. It can be at the exact time that it is meant to, 5 minutes before, half an hour, an hour before, etc. A tick will appear beside the chosen alert. Then click on the “New Event” on the top left to go back.
Tap on the “Add” option on the top right to save the alarm.
- The Calendar app has a default sound for its alerts. It is a subtle chime that may not be loud enough to catch your attention. You can change the alarm sound by changing the sound through your phone’s settings. Click on the Settings icon.
- Find the “Sounds & Haptics” option.
- Find and tap the “Calendar Alerts” option.
- Select a ringtone or tone by tapping the one that you prefer. A tick will appear beside your choice.
- Go back to save the new setting.
Set a Recurring Alarm on your iPhone
- If you want to set a recurring alarm for a later date, you need to use the Calendar app. Tap the “+” button again.
- Enter the name of the alarm, start and end date, as well as the time.
- Choose “Repeat,” then tap the “Custom” option.
- Choose from the frequencies offered in the menu. For example, if you want it to recur every other month, choose “Monthly” for Frequency, then for Every, choose two months.
- Tap the “Repeat” option one more time to save the alarm settings.
- Go to “New Event” to finish the process and go back.
- Set the alarm by tapping on “Add.”
FAQs On IPhone
Yes, you can use custom ringtones. Open your iPhone’s settings, then go to the “Sounds” option. Find the option for “Ringtone.” Any custom ringtone you have will show up at the top of the list, right above the default ones. Choose the one that you want to use by tapping on it.
Open the Ringtone maker app on the iPhone. Tap on the “+” button of Ringtone Maker to choose the audio file you wish to use. Select the file from the library. Once you see the one you want, tap on that. The app’s built-in audio trimmer will be launched. Choose the part of the song that you want to use and save. Set it as your alarm based on the steps above.
Swipe up from your iPhone’s screen. Choose the Alarms option from the settings. Locate the “Set an alarm” option. Choose a time for your alarm to go off, then tap on “Set.” Make the alarm repeat, add a sunrise alarm, play your morning routine, or change the alarm tone on the settings menu. Once you’ve set all the customization you want, tap on “Done.”
Yes. Tap on the share button of your reminder then types the reminder. Go to “Details,” and in the next screen, set priorities, and add that particular reminder to the list. Choose the date and time when you want the alarm for it to go off.
Launch the Reminders app from your iPhone. Add a new reminder by tapping the +. Write the reminder, then tap the information button to add details like the location and time. When you’re finished, tap on the “Done” option. Now turn on the “Remind me on a day” feature. Set the alarm to when the event will happen next, then set the repeat setting to “Every four weeks.”
Read another article on How to Turn Off Alarm on iPhone?