Instagram and Snapchat are two similar and widely used social media services around the globe. The Story feature in both social media services lasts 24 hours after sharing a post on My Story. Follow this article to get the answer of your query: How to share an Instagram post on Snapchat stories?
Making a post on Instagram and then going to Snapchat stories to make another is stressful.
There’s a way out of this traditional method. In this article, we’ll show you how to share an Instagram post to Snapchat Stories without going through stress.
How Do I Share Instagram Post To Snapchat Story?
Instagram and Snapchat work hand in hand – users take photos and filter them on Snapchat, save the picture and share it on Instagram. On Instagram, users can make a post and share it on their Snapchat story, which disappears after 24 hours. Sounds great, right? Rather than creating a separate post on each service, you tap on a few icons. Let’s reveal this hack, so you don’t miss out on this trend.
Different Methods to share an Instagram post on Snapchat stories
Try the methods listed below.
Method 1: Using Instagram App
The Instagram app has this Instagram Post to Snapchat Story sharing feature across all devices. To use this method, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open Instagram App on your iPhone, Android, or iPad.
- Step 2: Sign in to your Instagram Account and tap on Your Profile.
- Step 3: Go to the Instagram post that you want to share.
- Step 4: Tap on the Three Dots icon at the top right corner of the post you want to share on your Snapchat story.
- Step 5: Tap on the Share To icon
- Step 6: Choose Snapchat from the options on your screen.
Easy peasy, right? Your Instagram post will be available on your Snapchat story for 24 hours.
Method 2: Using Downloaded Instagram Posts
If you like adventure, you’ll find this method intriguing if you’re not aware that you can download your Instagram posts on your timeline to your phone. This method requires you to download your post from Instagram and post it on your Snapchat story. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Open the Instagram App on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Sign in to your Instagram account and tap the Camera icon at the top left corner of the screen, or swipe left to open the camera.
- Step 3: Swipe down from the top of your screen and choose a Photo, Video, or Text you want to share on your Instagram timeline.
- Step 4: Tap on the Download icon at the top of your post before uploading it on Instagram.
- Step 5: Open the Snapchat App and sign in to your account.
- Step 6: Swipe left in the Snapchat app to open Stories.
- Step 7: Tap on the downloaded Instagram post and upload it to your Snapchat Story.
That’s all you need to do, and your Instagram post will be shared on your Snapchat story.
Method 3: Using Screenshot
Another fantastic way to share your Instagram post on your Snapchat story is by taking the post screenshot — short posts are perfect. After taking the screenshot, follow these steps to share it on your Snapchat story:
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat story and go to Camera Roll.
- Step 2: Upload the screenshot to your Snapchat Story.
Method 4: Using Instagram Post Links
This method is best if you have an extended caption and want to drive traffic to the Instagram post on your timeline. Take the steps below to use this method:
- Step 1: Open the Instagram app, sign in to your account, tap on Your Profile, and scroll to the post you want to share.
- Step 2: Tap on the Three Dots icon on the post.
- Step 3: Tap on Copy Link from the options.
- Step 4: Open your Snapchat app, sign in to your account, and then open story.
- Step 5: Paste the text on your Snapchat story and tap Send.
FAQs On sharing Instagram posts on Snapchat
Sharing your Instagram posts on Snapchat is a great way to synchronize your handles. Here’s how to do it. Open the Instagram post you want to share, tap on the three dots at the top right corner, and tap the Share To option. From the options, tap on the Snapchat logo to share the post instantly.
Open your Instagram account and scroll to the video you want to save from your feeds. Tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner of the video. Tap on Save to camera roll to save the Instagram video. Another method is to screen record the video as it’s playing on your phone.
You’ll undoubtedly face this if you’re using a private Instagram profile. To resolve this, switch your profile to public. After doing that, you’ll notice that the add to story button is available. Go ahead and use the share button to share a post on your story.
Open the Snapchat app and go to Memories Section. Tap on Camera Roll, select any photo of your choice, edit your image by clicking on the pencil icon, and tap the send button. The Snapchat app will bring up lists of people you want to upload photos to.
Yes, you can enable Instagram posts to reshare on my story. To activate it, use these few tabs.
1. Tap on your profile picture, tap on the three dots at the top, and select Settings.
2. Tap privacy, tap stories, and then tap next to enable resharing.
We’re glad that you now know how to share Instagram posts on Snapchat stories without having to create a separate post on each handle. Feel free to share this article, tag as many people as possible, and use the comment box to share how it went down. Until next time, enjoy Instagram posts to Snapchat story sharing!
Also, learn Why Aren’t Filters Working On Instagram?