When you want to share your WiFi’s internet connection with a group of friends or your family members, dictating your WiFi password out loud may not be the safest way, especially if it’s long and is mixed with alphabets, numbers, and special characters. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Share Wi-Fi On iPhone?
An unauthorized individual may also gain access to your WiFi without your permission.
Apple has provided a safer way to share your WiFi with a group of people, and this guide will cover the steps taken to share your WiFi with your friends and family in a secure manner.
How to Share your WiFi Password from One iPhone to Another?
You can share your WiFi without disclosing your password details. To share your WiFi password with another iPhone, follow these steps here.
1. The first and most important step is to ensure that the sending and receiving iPhones are updated to the latest compatible iOS software version.
Follow these quick steps to install the latest software version on both iPhones.
1. On the home screen, select the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap on General.
3. Tap on Software Updates.
4. The newest iOS update available for download will be displayed here, along with a brief description of the added features and fixes with the total data storage required.
5. Tap on Download and Install to begin downloading.
2. Next, turn on the WiFi and Bluetooth settings through the Control Center or Settings app on your iPhone.
3. Go to the Phone app on your iPhone and add your friend’s or relative’s Apple ID to Contacts.
4. Place your iPhone and your friend’s or relative’s iPhone in close proximity to each other to take less time connecting.
5. On the home screen of your friend’s iPhone, go to Settings.
6. Tap on WiFi.
7. Tap on the WiFi network that your friend wants to connect to.
8. Now, on your iPhone, you will see the pop-up notification asking for permission to share your WiFi.
9. Tap on the Share Password option to share your password with the other iPhone.
10. Tap on Done to share your password with the other iPhone.
FAQs On Sharing Wi-Fi On iphone
With the iOS 11 and higher updates, Apple has provided a method of sharing WiFi network passwords from one iPhone to another. Other iOS devices like iPads and any device operating on the MacOS.
If you need to share your WiFi password with an Android phone, go to Settings > Connections.
Locate the QR code below the Add Network option. Open the Camera app or any QR code scanner app to scan the WiFi code.
After doing so, your phone ought to connect to the WiFi network.
On your friend’s phone, open your WiFi settings and choose your WiFi name from the list of available networks.
If your WiFi is locked or private, enter your WiFi password.
Tap on Connect to gain access to its internet network.
There are certain reasons why you can’t share your iPhones password. And here they are.
– Outdated iOS versions on both devices.
– Advanced settings on your WiFi network.
The only alternative to sharing your WiFi without a password is using a QR code.
– Go to Settings on your Android phone.
– Select the Connections setting.
– Find the QR code below the Add Network option.
– Launch your Camera app or any QR code scanner app to scan the WiFi code.
– After doing so, your phone will be connected to the WiFi network.
Read another article on How To Cancel an App Purchase on iPhone?