It isn’t delightful when people see you online and start sending multiple messages. Maybe you wanted to check updates and memes only for random people to text you because you are online. It is better to set your account to offline even when you are online to avoid some annoying conversations and silly questions. No one will be able to tell when you are online, and some unplanned random texts can be avoided. Let’s read the detailed procedures on How to Show Offline in WhatsApp When I Am Online.
Set Your WhatsApp Account to Offline from Your Smartphone
WhatsApp has made it easy for its users to set various settings conveniently from the application. If you want to set your account to offline, even when online, follow the guidelines below:
- 1. Open WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- 2. Click on the three dots on top of the screen
- 3. Navigate downwards and tap on the Settings option.
- 4. Search the Account option and click on it.
- 5. Please tap on the Privacy option. It is the first on the next menu that opens up.
- 6. Ensure to tick Nobody option when asked who can see your last seen. Then tap on Done to set the option.
- 7. Click on About, and ensure to set it to nobody.
- 8. Hit the Profile photo option, set it to nobody, and click on Done.
After finishing the above steps, click on the three dots again and select to restart your WhatsApp. However, you have to note these steps may not work for you depending on the type of WhatsApp you are using.
Steps for GB WhatsApp Account
For those users using GB WhatsApp, try the following steps; if the above, don’t set your account offline.
- 1. Open your WhatsApp.
- 2. Tap on the three dots.
- 3. Select the first option for GB Settings.
- 4. Select the Privacy and Security option on top of the screen.
- 5. On the option that says Freeze Last Seen, ensure that button is toggled as indicated below.
Navigate back and click on the restart option after clicking on the three dots.
You will notice that you don’t see anyone’s last seen time. This indicates your last seen has been hidden as well. Thus, if anyone is online and you are online, no one will know you are online.
Set WhatsApp to Offline from WhatsApp Web
If you always use WhatsApp on a computer, you can easily disable the online feature and set your account to offline, even when online.
- 1. Visit WhatsApp web using your computer.
- 2. Click on the three dots and tap on the Settings option.
- 3. Select the Privacy option from the menu.
- 4. In the Privacy section, ensure that all the options like Last Seen, Profile Photo, and About are set to nobody.
- 5. If they are not set to anybody, click on each and select the last option for nobody
Frequently Asked Questions on WhatsApp Offline Status
Yes. WhatsApp has introduced awesome settings that let you control how you wish your account to be displayed. Android and iPhone users can set their WhatsApp offline using the application. You only need to navigate to the Settings option, then click on Privacy and ensure your Profile photo, About, and Last seen are set to nobody. Moreover, users of WhatsApp web can also set their WhatsApp offline from the Settings option.
Yes. Setting your WhatsApp to offline is a feature on WhatsApp that does not affect the sending and receiving of their messages. This indicates you can freely reply to messages and receive others without interference.
When you set your WhatsApp to offline, you cannot see other people last seen. If you want to see someone if he is online, your last seen must be disabled. Moreover, if a user freezes his last seen, you can’t see when he is online. You are probably not seeing your friend’s last seen because they have set their account offline, or you have set yours to offline.
Yes, it is possible for some WhatsApp versions. If you want to set your account offline for a few contacts, select the three dots, click on Settings and select the Privacy option. Instead of setting your last seen, About, and Profile to nobody, select the contact you wish not to see you online, then click on the Done option. Ensure to restart the app for the changes to take effect.
Setting your WhatsApp account offline is easy on a computer too. This method is applicable for Mac and Windows users and is almost the same as the steps for a smartphone. To set your account offline, open WhatsApp on your computer, click on the three dots, and select the Settings option. Find the Privacy option and click on it. Ensure you set your Privacy to nobody, including about, Profile photo, and last seen.
Why does I need to learn how to show offline in WhatsApp when I am online? Turning your WhatsApp account offline is a good way to avoid unnecessary talking with others. Imagine someone sending you a text, and then you ignore that person intentionally. It may lead to unnecessary conflicts and the breaking of some bonds. To avoid getting into such scenarios, you can show you are offline when you are online. This post give you details about simple tricks of showing your WhatsApp to be offline.
You may also like our other post on WhatsApp – How To Track WhatsApp Online Status?