Twitter is a popular social media platform that allows you to view what is trending and the various topics you like. Unfortunately, tweets disappear quickly, which may be hard to find later. When you find an interesting tweet that you may wish to share, the only option you may have is to take a screenshot quickly before it is pushed to the bottom, making it hard to find it.
Two Ways to Take a Screenshot of a Tweet like a Pro
There are various ways you can use to take a screenshot like a professional. For this guide, we will explain two ways you can use when taking a screenshot on your Android Phone and how to do the same on a PC.
First Method: Take A Screenshot of a Tweet Using a Snipping Tool
The snipping tool is a powerful screenshot tool installed by default in Windows. You don’t need to install any other software when using the snipping tool. To use the software, follow the steps below:
- Search for the Snipping tool using the Windows search icon of your laptop.
2. Click on the tool to open it.
3. Use any browser to login into your Twitter account.
4. Search for the tweet you wish to screenshot.
5. Choose Snipping Tool from the background processes.
6. Click on the New option and head to the tweet you wish to screenshot, and drag the area you want to screenshot.
Please ensure you have opened the twitter tab and are at the tweet you want to screenshot before clicking the New option.
7. Save the screenshot by using the CTRL+S shortcut. You will be taken to your folders and select where you want the tweet to be saved on your PC.
Second Method: Take a Screenshot of a Tweet Using a Print Screen
If you find it hard using the snipping tool, don’t worry because there is another way of screenshotting a tweet when logged in to your PC. This method is very easy, and you can use the following steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account using a suitable browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Navigate to the Tweet you wish to screenshot.
- Click fn+prt sc keys on your PC. This will take a screenshot of the whole screen.
- Use the Search icon of your Pc to find Paint and Open it.
5. Paste the screenshot you took on the Paint application. You can paste using shortcut keys CTRL+V or right-clicking and then selecting the paste option. The screenshot will contain the entire screen you had opened when taking the screenshot
6. Screenshot the tweet section you want to keep by selecting the Select option, then the rectangular option, and drag the cursor on your desired area of the tweet.
7. After selecting the desired section of the tweet, select the Crop option, then save it in your preferred location.
With the two above methods, you can take a screenshot while using your PC.
How to Take Screenshot of A Tweet Using the Android Screenshot Feature
Android users can take the screenshot easily using their devices’ screenshot feature. Follow the following steps:
- Use your phone to navigate to your Twitter account.
2. Navigate to the tweet you want to screenshot.
3. Swipe your phone from the top to the bottom to access quick navigation
4. Select the Screenshot option.
Your tweet will be screenshot and stored in your local storage. You can access it later. If this method of screenshotting a tweet does not work for you, you can still take a screenshot by using some buttons on your phone. This may differ depending on the version of your Android Phone.
- Navigate to your Twitter account.
- Find the tweet you want to screenshot.
- Select the decrease volume button and the screen off button simultaneously.
As we mentioned, the above method may not work depending on the version of Android you are using, but it is a quick way and will not cost anything to try.
Frequently Asked Questions on Screenshotting Tweet
Android and iPhone users can take a screenshot through their devices. You can simultaneously use the decreasing volume and the screen-off buttons for Android users. Though this method works depending on the version of Android you are using.
You can easily take a tweet screenshot when logged on to your PC using shortcut keys or a snipping tool. The snipping tool is installed on the PC by default, meaning no third-party tool will be required.
No, there is no way Twitter can tell when a person takes a screenshot of a particular tweet. However, it is advisable not to screenshot tweets when you intend to use them on billboards. In such a case, you must seek the owner’s consent; otherwise, it may lead to a lawsuit.
Yes. Twitter does not limit its users from using screenshots of a tweet when online. Permission applies when one wants to use the screenshots for billboards or merchandise. Otherwise, you don’t require users’ rights to screenshot a tweet.
No. Twitter cannot tell its users when someone views their profile and tweets. You can freely look at someone’s profile and tweets without the owner noticing it. A person can tell you have viewed their profile when you text them on the platform.
Follow the Easy Methods
Taking a screenshot on Twitter if you find some interesting tweet is one of the simplest tasks that should never stress you. It does not matter whether you are using a PC or a mobile device because there are various ways of achieving your aim in the devices. Read this post to discover the different methods on Android and PC.
Read another article on How Long Does It Take Twitter to Unlock your Account for Age?