When you’re having a conversation with a contact, it is important to tell when he or she deletes a text on their iPhone. An important text may have been deleted without your notice. The deleted chats can be viewed within 30 days after deletion before they are permanently removed from your iPhone. Read this article until the end to answer your query: How To Tell If Someone Deleted Messages On Their iPhone?
However, they can still be retrieved from your iCloud backups.
Luckily, with your iPhone, you can tell if someone deleted their chat messages on their iPhone.
How to Find and Retrieve Deleted Texts?
After a while, old messages may seem useless, and you may delete them. But due to certain circumstances, you may need to use important information in these messages.
To retrieve these messages, you can get them back from your iCloud backup.
- 1. Launch your Settings app by tapping on the icon on the home screen.
- 2. Tap on your Apple ID or name at the top of the Settings page.
- 3. Scroll down and tap on the iCloud setting.
- 4. Scroll through the apps and tap on Backup.
- 5. Your recent backups will be kept here. All backed-up data types and apps total the amount of data used for the entire backup.
- 6. Next, tap the Restore icon to retrieve deleted texts on your iPhone.
What is Spotlight Search Feature?
If you need to find deleted texts directly from the Messages app, the Spotlight Search feature does the trick.
- 1. Open the Settings application on your home screen.
- 2. Next, tap on the General settings.
- 3. Tap on Spotlight Search and enable the toggle switch on Messages.
- 4. Go back to the Messages app and tap on the Search bar at the top of the screen.
- 5. In the search bar, enter the details of the deleted message for the search. Conversations with common keywords are displayed in the search results.
You can choose the required chats from the list of search results.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) On Deleting Messages On iPhone
You can install the PhoneRescue app from the Apple App Store. This app allows you to see new inbox messages, outboxes, and deleted messages.
On Android devices produced by the Samsung brand, deleted messages are kept in the Recycle or Trash Bin. Then, you can choose to permanently delete the messages. Deed messages can only be accessed on iPhones if backed up on iCloud.
To see deleted Messages, use these steps below. 1. Launch your Settings app by tapping on the icon on the home screen.
2. Tap on your Apple ID or name at the top of the Settings page.
3. Scroll down and tap on the iCloud setting.
4. Scroll through the apps and tap on Backup.
5. Select the deleted backed-up chats and tap on Restore to retrieve them on your iPhone.
The iMessage app can also allow you to hide and unhide selected messages. 1 Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Notifications.
3. Scroll down and tap on Messages.
4. Tap on the toggle switch to Allow Notifications and Alerts.
Other settings allow you to show recent alerts on the Notification Center and Lock Screen.
When messages are deleted on your iPhone, they remain deleted for 30 days before they become permanently deleted from your iPhone. You can check the Recently Deleted section under the Edit tab in iMessage to access them.
Also, learn How To Silence One Contact on iPhone?