Data usage monitoring on iPhones is very important as iPhones tend to consume your data even in the background. However, once you have subscribed to a data plan, it is very hard to monitor the usage if you have multiple apps installed that constantly have to be connected to the internet. But what if you have an unlimited data package? How to tell if you have unlimited data on your iPhone?
iPhones have this function called ‘Cellular Data.’ This function monitors all the apps installed on your iPhone and calculates the data they are using. It will also show you how much data you have used and if you have unlimited data on your iPhone.
Data plans are expensive, and monitoring your iPhone’s data usage is crucial. But if you have no idea how to check your data usage and tell if you have unlimited data on your iPhone, we are here to help. This article will explain all those questions and give you an idea of how to check the usage.
Can iPhone Have Unlimited Data?
Yes. iPhones can have unlimited data if the carrier you use provides the plan. Most of the carriers across the world do provide unlimited data packages to their customers.
So if you want to have unlimited data package on your iPhone, you can simply contact your cell phone carrier and ask them if they provide such a cellular data package or not. Most likely, they do.
Once you are sure that the carrier provides an unlimited cellular data package, you can go on and purchase the unlimited cellular plan. After you purchase the unlimited cellular plan, you can use your iPhone without worry.
How To Tell If You Have Unlimited Data On iPhone?
There is no straightforward way to tell if you have unlimited data on your iPhone. This is strictly a cellular service provider’s ability to tell you if you have unlimited cellular data on your iPhone.
Although, in some cases, you can see if you have unlimited cellular data on your iPhone when you check the Cellular data settings, it may not always show you.
So, how can you be sure if you have unlimited data on your iPhone?
There are a couple of different ways to check it. There can also be many other ways depending on your carrier.
- The Sureshot and best way is to contact the cellular company and ask them if you have unlimited cellular data on your iPhone. A simple search can find their toll-free or customer service number online.
- The company may also provide you with a USSD code which you can dial and check if you have unlimited data on your iPhone. USSD codes are dial codes that will show information on the screen, such as phone balance, data availability, etc.
- Your Cellular service may also have a website or app where you can check if you have unlimited data on your iPhone. In most cases, you will find an app from your cellular company that you can use to monitor all your phone balances, data packages, and other information.
- You can also check the Cellular data settings on your iPhone. It will show you if you have unlimited data on your iPhone under the Cellular option. To go to the cellular data settings, open the settings apps on your iPhone, tap on the Cellular option and scroll down to the Cellular Data section.
How To Monitor Cellular Data Usage On iPhone?
Monitoring cellular data is important even if you have an unlimited data package. Because even the unlimited data packages limit the speed, if you cross a certain threshold, your data connection may get weaker even if you do not run out of data.
So, how do you monitor cellular data usage?
To monitor the cellular data usage, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down to the Cellular option and tap on it.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the Cellular Data section. You will now see the list of apps on your iPhone with their cellular data usage on the screen. You can now check, compare, limit, and stop the cellular data usage of specific apps you want t control the usage.
On the same screen, you will see if you have unlimited data on your iPhone or not. This setting screen will also tell you how much data your iPhone has used in a particular month and help you plan your cellular data usage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some frequently asked questions about the ‘How To Tell If You Have Unlimited Data On iPhone?’ topic are taken from the internet.
You can simply go to the Cellular Data Settings to manage your iPhone’s cellular data. Here, you can turn On/Off your cellular data. You can also check the data usage by individual apps, Turn on Low data mode to reduce data usage, etc.
Also, you can plan your data usage and limit the data usage by apps and altogether. This is particularly helpful if you want to save up on your data and control your finances.
Streaming. Yes, Streaming is the most data-intensive task you do on your iPhone. For example, streaming on Youtube, Social Media apps, TikTok, etc. If you constantly stream new videos, you consume more data than any other activity on your iPhone.
If you want to cut down on your cellular data usage, simply stop streaming or stream less. This way, you will save more data and thus need to spend less on your internet usage.
If you keep your Mobile data and Wi-FiWi-Fi On simultaneously, only the Wi-FiWi-Fi will work. This is because, in most iPhones, the Wi-FiWi-Fi is used even when both connections are available. This is particularly helpful as many people tend to forget to turn off their mobile data and will drain all their data if a cellular connection is used.
You cannot be charged for data when Wi-FiWi-Fi is being used. So either you forgot to turn on the Wi-FiWi-Fi. So you continue to use the cellular data connection, or you let both Wi-FiWi-Fi and cellular data On where the Wi-FiWi-Fi is not properly connected, thus letting your iPhone use the cellular data the whole time.
If you want to know how to check if your iPhone is using Wi-FiWi-Fi or Data, you can simply check the connection on your notification bar. Most of the time, if the Wi-Fi is being used, it will show a Wi-FiWi-Fi icon with the connection strength in the bar. But if you use cellular data, you will see 3G, LTE, or 5G, depending on the connection type.
Therefore, the answer to ‘How To Tell If You Have Unlimited Data On iPhone?’ is to either ask the carrier about the data package, check on their website or app, or dial the USSD code where it will display the package on the use or simply check your Cellular setting on your iPhone.
All the methods are explained above with descriptions of how to do them.
Hope we answered your question and provided you with valuable information.
Read our other post on How To Reset iPhone 5s Without Password?