Missing important messages from your loved ones because you’re in a situation where you can’t hear the ringtone of the messages? This article includes a detailed guide on How To Turn On Voicemail Transcription iPhone.
Sometimes you don’t have any option showing on your iPhone about voicemail transcriptions which could be due to many reasons.
Long-pressing voicemail transcription iPhone is time-consuming. You never know whether your voicemails have been deleted or not. It can pose a threat to your business and professional life in general.
Sometimes the network carriers don’t allow the users to use this specific feature in some specific areas. And sometimes you have the subscription but don’t know how to turn it on.
This article will teach you the method of how to turn on voicemail transcription on your iPhone with ease.
So, let’s dig inside the article to find out what you are looking for.
What Is Voicemail Transcription?
The word here is “transcription, ” meaning the voicemail message left for you will be transcribed into text messages for your review.
On almost all iPhone models, a voicemail option is provided by your network carrier as per your subscription package.
iPhone voicemail transcription has made voicemail more accessible to a huge number of people.
Yet, many iPhone users dislike switching it on because of privacy concerns over their voice messages being read or transcribed to text.
How To Turn On Voicemail Transcription iPhone?
You can activate the voicemail transcription on your iPhone with just the touch of a button. Follow the step-by-step guide below to activate the voicemail transcription on your iPhone device.
Steps To Turn On iPhone Voicemail Transcription
You must follow all the steps below and remember that your carrier provider must have a voicemail feature on your iPhone. Let’s dig into the guide to resolve the transcription problem quickly.
- Open Phone App From Main Home Menu
Unlock your iPhone; the main screen will have the phone’s built-in app option. It is probably given at the bottom of the quick bar with a green call logo. Open the app by tapping on it.
- Check Voice Mail Option And See The Transcription Message
In the phone app, at the bottom of the screen, you will see five options on the bar. You must select the voicemail option at the bottom right of the screen.
You will have all the voicemails you received from others on the screen. When you play the voicemail, a message appears at the bottom showing that the system cannot transcribe the voicemail.
- Turn On And Off The Airplane Mode In Settings
Now you need to open the iPhone setting from the main menu. Turn on and off the Airplane mode to reset the carrier settings to default options.
- Turn Off And On The Cellular Data
Now open the cellular settings and turn the cellular data option on and off again.
- Open The General Settings And Check For Software Update
After those two steps, you must select the software update and general settings options. Sometimes a new iOS update might resolve the bugs you have been facing.
- Locate the Accessibility option And Open It
After checking all cellular and update options in settings, locate the accessibility option and open it by tapping on it.
- Scroll Down And Open The Subtitles And Captioning Option
In the accessibility option, you need to access the subtitles and captioning feature. Open these settings by tapping on them.
- Turn On The Show Audio Transcription Option
In the subtitles and captioning option at the bottom, you will see the “show audio transcriptions.” Please tap on the button to turn it on in front of it. After that, the voicemail transcription feature will turn on, and you can see all the voicemails in the text form.
FAQs On Voicemail Transcription iPhone
Several reasons why your iPhone is not showing the voicemail-to-text feature. That could be because the carrier provider doesn’t have that feature available in your area.
Sometimes some bugs cause this to happen and require a software update. This issue can be resolved by enabling subtitles’ show audio transcription feature and the captioning option in settings.
Most iOS users question whether or not their iPhone model has a voicemail transcription feature. As per Apple, this feature works on all the models after iPhone 6.
So yes, iPhone 13 has this voicemail transcription option available, and if you don’t know how to use it, then follow the steps below:
1. Unlock your iPhone
2. Open the phone app
3. Locate the voicemail option given at the bottom right corner of the screen
4. Open any voicemail and tap on it
5. Soon you will see the text converted from voicemail below that log
Several reasons can cause the visual voicemail option on iPhone 11. But you can resolve this problem by following a few and several quick methods below:
1. Open settings and turn on and off Airplane mode
2. Reset network settings from the reset settings option in the general menu
3. Switch off and on cellular data services
4. Ensure that you have a powerful or fast cellular connection to run visual voicemail smoothly
It is probably the case when your carrier service providers have issues regarding voicemail services in your areas. This issue can be resolved by contacting the customer service of your carrier so that they can help you in a better way.
You can get your voicemail option on iOS 15 devices by following the steps below:
1. Unlock your iPhone and locate the phone app from the main menu
2. Tap on the voicemail option mentioned at the bottom right corner of the screen
3. Select the set-up now option
4. Put your password and re-enter your password for security purposes
5. Now locate the custom option and select it by tapping on it
6. Tap on the record option and record your voicemail
7. Press the stop button after finishing
8. Now tap on the save button, and your voicemail on iOS is available
Voicemail transcription is useful for anyone who frequently needs to check voicemails but doesn’t have time to sit down and listen to them. Above in this article is a step-by-step guide explaining exactly how you can turn on voicemail transcription iPhone.
Read another article on How To Leave a Voicemail On iPhone After Calling.