Since its release in 2011, Snapchat has risen to par with some of the best messenger and social media platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp due to the uniqueness and creativity of its networking interface. This article includes a detailed guide on How To Undo Snapchat Update On iPhone.
With its constant development, Snapchat is known to push out a series of updates that refine the app’s user experience. But not all users would enjoy these newly installed updates. If you don’t like a new update l, you can downgrade and undo the Snapchat update to the previous or preferred app update.
Regardless of your mobile device, you can undo the Snapchat update in a couple of steps, which is what will be treated in this guide.
How To Undo Snapchat Update on iPhone?
Undoing the Snapchat update can be tricky because all applications on your iPhone and their updates are regulated and synchronized by Apple via the App Store. So unless you’ve done a jailbreak on your iPhone or you have previously backed up an older version of Snapchat and iTunes backup, undoing the Snapchat update would be impossible.
If you’ve done any of the required conditions on your iPhone before now, you can use the steps below to undo the Snapchat update.
- Uninstall the current Snapchat app on your iPhone. To do so, press down the Snapchat icon > Tap on the short dash sign (–) at the left corner of the icon > From the options here, select Delete App.
- The removal of this app indicates that related app data would also be removed from your iPhone. This is why you must do an iTunes backup before uninstalling the app.
- Next, tap on the Settings app icon on your home screen to open the app.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Select the toggle switch on Automatic App Downloads and Updates to turn it off.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- On the menu at the left corner, choose Apps.
- Search and locate the old version from the Snapchat app in the library.
- Select the Snapchat icon and click on Install.
The old Snapchat version would be reinstalled into your iPhone.
After you’ve done this, you must disable automatic app updates on your iPhone.
- On your home screen, launch the Settings app.
- Next, go to General.
- Tap on Software Updates.
- Select Automatic App Updates.
- Tap on the toggle switch to disable it. This would prevent your Snapchat app from updating without your permission.
How To Undo Snapchat Update on Android devices?
Unlike iOS devices, Android devices do not have any strict or specific bans that prevent users from undoing and downgrading applications. It is easier done on an Android phone than on an iPhone.
So to undo the Snapchat update, you can follow these quick steps.
Backup Memories and Snaps
First and foremost, ensuring that your memories and snaps are backed up to prevent unfortunate losses while undoing the Snapchat update is important.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Connect to a strong and stable WiFi network.
- Tap the Memories icon to open your saved pictures and videos.
- Snaps that aren’t backed up have an arrowed circle icon on the bottom corner.
- Alternatively, you can save all your snaps to your camera roll for guaranteed safety.
Turn Off Automatic App Updates
To prevent future incidents of unwanted Snapchat updates, you can disable the auto-update feature on Google Play Store.
- Tap on the home screen’s Google Play Store app icon.
- Tap on your email address icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Manage Apps and Notifications.
- Turn off auto update for Snapchat by tapping on the tick box next to Snapchat.
Delete Snapchat from your Android device
- On the home screen, press and hold the Snapchat icon.
- Next, select Uninstall.
- Tap OK to confirm deletion of the app.
Reinstall your Preferred Snapchat Version
The latest Snapchat app version will be available for download on Google Play Store. And obviously, you can’t request an older version of the app. So it’s best for you to download the app from a website with an older app version.
- Once you’ve located an authentic source, you can find and install the old app version of Snapchat to your Android phone.
- Grant permission to install apps from unknown sources on your phone.
- Download and install Snapchat on your phone.
- After installation, sign into your Snapchat account and enjoy your favorite app.
FAQs How To Undo Snapchat Update On iPhone
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Go to Apps & Notifications on Android, then select Snapchat. On an iPhone, simply scroll down and select Snapchat.
3. Tap on Uninstall.
4. To reinstall the Snapchat app, simply download the app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
1. Open your “Settings” app and select “Apps.”
2. Select the app you want to downgrade.
3. Tap on the three-dot icon at the screen’s top right corner.
4. Select Uninstall Updates.
5. Tap on OK to uninstall the app’s updates.
When you update Snapchat, you gain access to the newest features and filters on your Snapchat account. Added chat settings and updated terms and conditions may be included in the updated version.
Yes, you can. If you want to revert the app to an older version, simply uninstall the app updates from Settings.
Yes, you can. By following these basic steps, you will be able to do so.
1. After opening the Settings app, select the app you want to downgrade under the Apps and Notifications settings.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon at the screen’s top right corner.
3. Select Uninstall Update.
4. Tap on OK to uninstall the app’s updates
Read another article on How Often Does Snapchat Score Update.